Considering a new payware aircraft

CaptainTower

What do you think about the A2A Simulations C182 Skylane with Accu-Sim (for FSX)?

The only payware AC that I have is the Level-D 767. I would not consider myself an expert on that plane but I fly it OK. I can do cold and dark startups with no problems, anymore, and I do pretty good with creating flight plans. I was considering the Cessna Citation X a while ago but I also have wanted a quality C182. I saw a video on the A2A and thought I would ask about it, here. Does anyone fly it? What do you think of it? Does it have a tough learning curve? That sort of thing.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

I haven't bought it yet, but have been thinking about it. It's very good. Maybe

the best higher power Cessna out there.

I've been thinking about another plane here, but can't decide.. I really want a new

biz jet, and would like a Beech Premier 1, or something along those lines. But the

closest thing I see is the Phenom 100 from Carenado. Haven't decided yet...

I'm really picky about my jets...It's kinda hard to tell how good the systems are unless

you actually buy em, so I circle around it like a dog looking to lie down.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think you can really go wrong with that 182.. Looks really good from

the videos.

I have it in my hangar. As this is one of the newer accusim airplanes, you can expect the latest and greatest in functionality - down to circuit breakers popping out or the sound getting muffled when you plug in the virtual headset in the cockpit.

The learning curve to fly it is not too steep, it is "just" a Cessna after all. I have only flown a 152 in RL, but from what I can tell the flight dynamics are very real, even stalls and spins.

But as a simulated machine it needs a lot of attention. The walk around and virtual maintenance hangar are not for show, if you mistreat her, she will get upset. But if you know your way around any combustion engine you should do fine.

Highly recommended IMHO.

I have the A2A 182. It is fun to fly. As for the learning curve, it is more like unlearning all the bad habits we all have with most FS aircraft. This one is like a real aircraft from start up to shut down. Very essential to read the manual first to get things set up before flying.

Hi,

If you like GA please consider A2A's Comanche-from what I've seen it's as good as the 182 or even better.

If you want quality system's and flying, rather than visuals-don't consider Carenado-their products are rather 'easy' and system-not that in-depth. But they aren't bad, they aren't the thing for a hardcore flightsimmer who wants an aircraft with the best system simulation.

You might consider Alabeo-they have a few nice aircraft, most are eye-candy, but not in-depth simulated, but I guess you mighjt find something for yourself.

My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

I haven't bought it yet, but have been thinking about it. It's very good. Maybe

the best higher power Cessna out there.

I've been thinking about another plane here, but can't decide.. I really want a new

biz jet, and would like a Beech Premier 1, or something along those lines. But the

closest thing I see is the Phenom 100 from Carenado. Haven't decided yet...

I'm really picky about my jets...It's kinda hard to tell how good the systems are unless

you actually buy em, so I circle around it like a dog looking to lie down.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think you can really go wrong with that 182.. Looks really good from

the videos.

Check out the HondaJet freeware! It's fast at over 420knts. I think it's attractive & it handles very well and has a nice viewable interior and some pretty good info as well.

Hey it's free! You won't be out anything if you don't like it. And the copilot is kind of a hottie too.:cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived