Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joystick throttle issue

1. Default Joystick throttle issue

Model : Logitech Joystick USB Extreme 3D Pro Twist Handle

Problem: I recently bought this joystick and when playing FSX with it for the first time today I noticed something: The throttle lever won't stabilize in the game. When it is at 0% ( IDLE ) or 100% ( FULL ) it is OK. But, If I move it to 50% for example, it won't stay, it'll oscilate between 49%,50%,51%, going up or down. It makes the throttle lever in the cockpit looks like shaking.

So, I tried calibrating it, didn't fix. And I tested it outside FSX, still the same problem.

* I tested it in this screen :

Name:  CvmGy.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  42.2 KB

The red throttle line in the pic was shaking up and down just like in FSX.

Even at FSUIPC the issue persists.

2. Default

This can happen if the USB ports don't discharge all power, or some attached usb device sends interference.
    To fix:

switch off the pc,
    flick the large black on/off switch on the back of the PC to off.
    push the power button on the front a few times. This drains all power from the pc.
    You may hear a soft "pop" from the speaker when you do this.

disconnect all usb devices from the PC.
    switch off these usb devices on the device itself. things like printer, speakers, etc.
    plug in only your keyboard,

flick the large black switch on the back of the pc (on the PSU) back to on.
    start the pc,
    get into Windows,
    plug in your devices into the USB's. One at a time, give Winddows time to recognise the device, then plug in the next.
    Turn on a device after plugging it in, not before.

last of all your joystick.

Then try if it has stabilised.

3. Default

I tried those steps but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I was told it could my joystick's potentiometer. I'll test it in another computer just to make sure and then I'll send back to the store I bought so they can fix it or give me another one, since it came with the issue.
    Thanks anyway !

Increase the null zone by increments until the twitching stops.

Sent from my Venue 7 HSPA+ using Tapatalk

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palmored View Post
    Increase the null zone by increments until the twitching stops.

Sent from my Venue 7 HSPA+ using Tapatalk
    No changes man !

I tried the joystick in a laptop and it was working fine. Apparently it's my computer, I'll have to re-install Windows, I tried everything.. I think.

6. Default

Is your computer overclocked perhaps? If so, try removing the overclock.

I forgot a step in my last explanation, removing (disconnecting) the power cord.
    Here it is again, corrected:

switch off the pc,
    push the power button on the front a few times. This drains all power from the pc.
    Disconnect the power cord.

switch off these usb devices on the device itself. things like printer, speakers, etc.

Plug the power cord back in.
    start the pc,
    get into Windows,
    plug in your devices into the USB's. One at a time, give Winddows time to recognise the device, then plug in the next.

Then do the calibration of the joystick again in FSX.

------
    If it does not work, Try the exact same steps, but this time,

after disconnecting the power cord,
    Reset the Bios to default settings by using the clear-CMOS jumper on the mainboard.

Do this only if you know how to set up the BIOS/CMOS menu again of course.

I had this issue a few times when I had an overclock set up. Clearing the CMOS fixed it. Then I made sure everything worked. Then I set up a new overclock.

----
    Oops, almost forgot. After setting up the bios new, or after clearing the CMOS, Let WIndows update the "Experience Index". (is in "Control Panel".)
    Last edited by il88pp; 12-14-2015 at 04:36 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Is your computer overclocked perhaps? If so, try removing the overclock.

I forgot a step in my last explanation, removing (disconnecting) the power cord.
    Here it is again, corrected:

switch off the pc,
    Disconnect the power cord.

Plug the power cord back in.
    start the pc,
    get into Windows,

Then do the calibration of the joystick again in FSX.

------
    If it does not work, Try the exact same steps, but this time,

after disconnecting the power cord,
    Reset the Bios to default settings by using the clear-CMOS jumper on the mainboard.

Do this only if you know how to set up the BIOS/CMOS menu again of course.

I had this issue a few times when I had an overclock set up. Clearing the CMOS fixed it. Then I made sure everything worked. Then I set up a new overclock.

----
    Oops, almost forgot. After setting up the bios new, or after clearing the CMOS, Let WIndows update the "Experience Index". (is in "Control Panel".)
    Dude, reseted the bios, I even removed the motherboard battery. And still couldn't fix.

I tested in another computer today, just plugged and it worked perfect. Right now I booted Linux Mint and downloaded the joystick callibrator app so I could test it. Same f# problem. When I move any axis, especially throttle , it can't stay in a certain value. I dont know if I explained myself right but I could record a video so it would be easy to identify the problem. I really don't know what to do. How can someone be so unlucky.

8. Default

Sounds like you really did try everything!
    Thorough!
    Sorry if I sounded like I took you for a beginner on hardware. It's always hard to judge in a forum, so I try explaining so anyone would understand.

Weird issue if it does not happen in a different compu.
    Have you tried the pc with only the joystick and keyboard connected? Sometimes a printer or other Usb device can interfere.
    Even a dvd drive or internally connected Usb device (card reader) could interfere as well.

9. Default

No problem man !
    I tried even without keyboard, just joystick plugged. Funny thing is I can't find no where in the internet someone with the same issue. That sucks :/

It may be related to a problem/conflict with the USB host controller(s) and/or its software/driver(s), Use device manager to see if there are any issues (normally identifiable by a yellow triangle symbol). Check the properties of any displaying an error to see if any useful information is available to identify the problem.

Simply things you could try on any with an error symbol are:

a. Un-install the driver, restart the PC and let windows re-detect it and install a driver.
    b. Check for a new driver
    Regards

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast