Windows 10 and FSX Fatal Error Message - Is there a fix ?

Roterhead

Hello,

I know that some people have had this message in the past - "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" However - in my search for a solution -- I have only come across some vague fixes for previous Windows operating systems i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem with the newer Windows 10 OS ? Thank you very much for your help! :)

Thanks for the info Scott. Have you had any luck trying anything to solve this problem. I have read about adding UIAutomationcore.dll to the root directory of FSX but i am leery about trying that since all of the advice I've found out there is for the older operating systems.

So sorry about that Wim -- I am rather new to this forum and I didn't catch that request at the top of the Forum. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

This is the error log I am receiving:

Faulting application name fsx.exe, version: 10.0.6137.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.2.10586.17, time stamp: 0x56518a34

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004d0b5

Faulting process id: 0x2654

Faulting application start time: 0x01d12fe246b86401

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll

Report id: 73e616f3-11a2-4e2c-b1ce-40582de2092

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Other information you may need:

I am running Windows 10 -- 64 bit with FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack. I also have 3rd party software with FTX Global and also DODOSIM (Helicopters)

Thank you again for any assistance you can provide to me.

Yep, looks like you need to stick a older uiautomationcore.dll in your fsx folder.

I ended up having to do that and I'm still Win 7 64. I didn't really realize it was a

problem, but I got a few crashes, and that was one of the errors. Since I stuck an

older one in, I haven't had any more problems with that.

I have several versions of that file.. I think FSX likes to see only about two of them

if I remember right.. Both older versions. I think maybe one XP and one Vista era???

I dunno.. I stuck in what it wants anyway..

Thank you for the advice MBKHOU. I'll try that. I am just a little iffy about how to find an older version. Does it matter if it's an older version for XP, Vista or Windows 7 ? and the one that is showing up in the error log that I posted shows: uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.2.10586.17 -- So my question would I need to go below the 7.2 version to a 6.2 or 5.2 for example? (I know it doesn't have to be .2 but I put that in as my example). Thank you again!

• 9 months later...
Hello,

I know that some people have had this message in the past - "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" However - in my search for a solution -- I have only come across some vague fixes for previous Windows operating systems i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem with the newer Windows 10 OS ? Thank you very much for your help! :)

Below given two links will guide you to fix flight simulator error without need of any professional skills.

How to fix: Flight Simulator X: Game performance is slower than expected

What is Windows Fatal errors and how to fix?

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to run FSX with Acceleration on a new computer with Windows 10. I'm using a PADA adapter to access FSX on my old hard drive. I get a message saying I have to install DirectX 9, but Windows 10 won't let me. any help would be appreciated!

loliver

First, don't use any asdvice that you fing in the links in the previous post. The tips given there are NOT a good idea!

Secongd. Start your own thread. Go to the main FSX forum, and click "Post New Thread". (top of page.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived