Connecting FSX to an EFB (AvPlan or OzRunways)

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the correct section to post this.

I am wanting to know if anyone has successfully connected an EFB i.e AvPlan, OzRunways, ForeFlight etc to FSX?

I have a registered version of FSUIPC4 and a registered version of AvPlan. I have downloaded the AvPlan LUA and put it in the FSX modules folder, I have updated the AvPlan-EFB.lua file with the IP Address as shown on my iPad and included the [Auto] 1=Lua AvPlan-EFB in the FSUIPC4.ini file.

However, it just won't connect. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,

Could be your Windows firewall blocking access. Simple way to test this is to temporarily switch off Firewall (and/or Antivirus). Maybe disconnect your router from the internet while you're doing this. If it does connect with firewall off, then you need to find out which IP addresses and port(s) are used for communication and allow access to those in your firewall, then switch it back on.

Hi Nuitkati,

Thanks for your help however it's still not working. I completely disable the firewall and reset the network. After that I uninstalled all add ons including FSUIPC4, uninstalled FSX. Then reinstalled FSX and FSUIPC4 only to make sure nothing else was interfering. I again repeated the process above to make sure everything was in the right place i.e. LUA and .ini etc. Then ran both FSUIPC4 and FSX as administrator. Still no luck :(

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks again,

Apart from getting in contact with the AvPlan-EFB guys -

1. I would check that the network connection between your iPad and your PC is working at all. Ping the IPad from your PC and ping the PC from your iPad. If this works, you will have to look inside FSX/FSUIPC but this is the primary suspect. Firewall in your router? Some passthrough rules necessary? MAC filtering?

2. I would check that the AvPlan components are actually loaded when the sim is running. If for example there is a DLL, it should be visible in the process explorer.

3. Make sure that the FSUIPC4.ini is consistent (no duplicate [Auto] tags etc.). Check if you can get any logs from FSUIPC where you can see that the AvPlan scripts/whatever are actually loaded.

4. Be careful with reinstalls... this can go wrong too.

• 2 years later...

Archived