MFG Crosswind Pedals arrived yesterday

Guest Robert455

Guest Robert455

I searched and didn't find any references to Milan Flight Gear pedals which is surprising. I would have thought these would be discussed here a fair amount. Anyway, I've lusted after these for a while now and last summer placed the order. The wait list is that long.

Packaging was amazing and they arrived in perfect shape. Initial shipping was by DPD but switched over to FedEx in Los Angeles for final delivery which made a hold at my local office for pickup super easy.

Construction is extremely sturdy and all axes are Hall effect sensors. They are smooth as silk and don't have a center detent. The cam you can see in the photo does the centering and has an increasing resistance as you move to more extreme angles. Tension is adjustable. The brakes are adjustable for tension and angle as well. Material is a laminated composite.

I was running the CH knee knockers and they were fine but the action wasn't accurate and I'd be constantly having to correct in taxi. Brakes were kind of peaky feeling without much control. The nose would dive a lot when I applied brakes. But now I can taxi smoothly and centering is really good. I can taxi now without wandering off the centerline.

They are pricey but not as much as the Slaw Device pedals though composite instead of metal. But they are also under my desk. The action isn't linear like with the CH pedals but it's not very circular feeling until you hit extremes in travel. All in all a big upgrade for my flying!

Milan is also planning to produce F16 style add-ons for these that just bolt on in place of the current shoe-shaped pedals. I'm planning on getting those when they come available.

Very pleased with these!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived