Fix the "login as administrator and try again" problem in FS9 on Windows 7.

capnlou

As quite a few flight simmers found out after the Microsoft Windows Security Updates on 9/8/2015 found out, there is a fatal error where you get an "Access denied" flag and message to log in as an administrator and try again when launching FS9, even though you are the administrator. After many days of looking around I found a fix that worked for me in the Microsoft Community Forum. Here it is below:

Summary

In addition to the changes that are listed for the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-097, this security bulletin addresses a defense-in-depth update for the secdrv.sys driver, a third-party driver. The update turns off the service for the secdrv.sys driver. This may affect the ability to run some older games.

To learn more about the vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-097.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/please-login-as-administrator-and-try-again/feee321a-6b30-4813-91da-b56a57488244?page=2&auth=1

The culprit is update KB3086255 published on Sep 8 2015. Delete this from your installed updates in the Windows Update utility in your PC and then re-start. Be advised to disable the automatic update function in Windows update otherwise the update will re-install on the re-start. You can choose the option to "check for updates but let me choose to download and install them", so you can still get updates for the rest of your system and making sure not to download the culprit again. After doing this FS9 will then launch normally. Fairly easy enough but we'll have to operate like this until Microsoft publishes a patch for the update but most importantly.......is we can fly our simulator again!!

Also, for those of you (like me) who don't intend to install Windows 10 on your FS machine and don't want to see that damned Windows 10 upgrade flag in your taskbar, delete this KB3035583 update for Windows 10 free upgrade. This action doesn't seem to have any negative effects on my rig and FS9 is running smooth again, thank god!

Cheers and happy flying!!

Luis Anderson (CapnLou)

:)

After many days of looking around I found a fix that worked for me in the Microsoft Community Forum. Here it is below ....

Many thanks for posting this useful information.

However, I don't want to rain on your parade but it seems you have been looking around everywhere except this forum :( This subject, together with solutions, has been beaten to proverbial death here in the last few weeks - oh dear :o

Dijvid

Yes Dijvid, I was so enraged about this problem I wanted to post it right away to help all fellow flight simmers who had the same problem.... I didn't even check the awesome resources here in Flightsim!! Anyway, thanks to all who've helped me with Windows/FS problems in the past. We have a wonderful community of great people here! Lets enjoy our beautiful Flightsim and good day to all!!

CapnLou

• 6 years later...
Many thanks for posting this useful information.

However, I don't want to rain on your parade but it seems you have been looking around everywhere except this forum :( This subject, together with solutions, has been beaten to proverbial death here in the last few weeks - oh dear :o

Dijvid

thank you for the tip, i did what you suggested and as we speak im installing files i had on a terrabyte flashdrive. thanks again,happy flying