Seneca V Engine System Instrument

bessalf

Hello Folks,

I've been working on my Seneca V panel and with AirManager I could build part of the instruments that were not available anywhere on the internet.. as far as I could find. =)

I've got all the Engines instruments, including RPM, Manifold Pressure, Turbine Inlet Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Flow, Cylinder Head Temp, Vacum and Fuel Quantity.

There is a further instrument, which is the digital reading of all the above plus some more information. I've managed to map the information and display part of that (didn't do all yet) as well as to assign it to the avionics, however the Switch that changes the group of display is not a FSX event/variable for the Carenado Seneca V hence I'm not able to assign it in AirManager nor in FSUIPC.

Would it be possible to do it somehow? I'm not that aware of LVars (still reading about it), but would it be usable once AirManager supports it? Any hints?

The attachment is the first reading. It was supposed to show another group once I click on the up/down arrow or rotate the switch.

Thanks,

Filipe

Untitled.png

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for you quick reply. I'll definitely be looking forward at your answer.

I've got FSUIPC already, so I'll have a look at this Linda, although I don't know what it is. =)

I don't know about the existing LVAR's.. I still need to look at this closely to understand how it works.

Thanks,

Filipe

Hello Ralph,

How was the FS Weekend? I hope exciting.

Well, did some homework about Linda and LVars and hope I'm on the right direction now. Just sharing with you and forum what I could do and sorry if I'm bothering too much. :)

I've managed to install Linda and run it with FSX.

Looking at the Gauge folder in FSX, extracting a Carenado gauge file with 7zip I found the engine instrument .xml (GAUGEPA34V\Gauge_ENGINE_DIG.xml) file and saw the LVARs.

Luckily or not.. I've managed to write up a small function in Linda and assign it to a toggle button on my board. It changes the display on the airplane nicely. :p

Now I can play around with "if" and "else", readLvar and writeLvar.. once Air Manager is enhanced with LVARs I will finally achieve what I'm looking for. :cool:

function Engine_InstrumentModeInst ()

ipc.writeLvar("L:currentMode",0)

end

function Engine_InstrumentModeInstPage1 ()

if ipc.readLvar("L:currentMode") == 0 then

ipc.writeLvar("L:currentModePage",1)

end

end

Bedankt,

Filipe

Archived