Opening/ losing Doors, bin doors

gdr54

I somehow manged to take out the function of opening Cabin doors and Cargo Bin doors. The Shift E has been opening the cabin door and Shift E=2,3 ect handles the bin doors stairs ect.

Any suggestion to reinstall the shift E function??

I have tried the settings and selecting the back to default mode but still no luck. I am not sure what I did to knock it out this morning.

GDR

Door action is defined to key as Shift + e at default.

And from your post , seems Shift + E is working since atleast cabin door is working.

The animations for doors MS prepared is only 4.

Shift + e then 1 (same as Shift + E)

Shift + e then 2

Shift + e then 3

Shift + e then 4

And most of the case the first one is used for main cabin door , second one is for the cargo door.

But depends on how the model designer made.

So to check use MS default aircraft.

I somehow manged to take out the function of opening Cabin doors and Cargo Bin doors. The Shift E has been opening the cabin door and Shift E=2,3 ect handles the bin doors stairs ect.

Any suggestion to reinstall the shift E function??

I have tried the settings and selecting the back to default mode but still no luck. I am not sure what I did to knock it out this morning.

GDR

You could easily do some basic troubleshooting. Is it only one aircraft the doors don't work on or is it all (those with opening doors)?

What were you doing this morning that may have done this? Editing cfg files? Changes in settings?

I am very familiar with Shift+E function to open cabin doors, bin doors ect. I was very tired coming off a midnight shift at Kdfw. I was looking at a HJG DC8-61 checking on a different panel I installed the previous day. Whatever I did knocked out that function shift E a on all my planes Open Sky, TDS all. I looked on all the sites for feed back. I was not into any of the CFG files or settings. I did go back and reset to default assignments without any luck. So I decided to uninstall the FS9 and just start over and perhaps clean up some of the junk files in the sim.

Lesson learned on messing with the sim half asleep

GDR

I was looking at a HJG DC8-61 checking on a different panel I installed the previous day. Whatever I did knocked out that function shift E a on all my planes Open Sky, TDS all.

Hmmm, a new panel, huh?

A badly coded gauge can cause this problem. That would not affect all planes though unless you overwrote a default gauge with a bad one.

What happens is the gauge fires off key commands up to 18 times a second which interferes with the door command because the gauge fires a command between the "Shift" and the "E".

Usually when this happens Shift+E works, Shift+E then "n" does not work.

I am not saying this caused your problem, just offering something to watch for in the future.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Before I dumped the sim to dart overInoticed the Shift E+ 1 , 2, 3 would start a clearance, taxi or other key stroke requests with traffic control. Have no idea what I might have done to change that sine the gauges were in the gauge file for a good bit of time. It was a DC8 panel I haven't used in a while from HJG. Anyway lesson learned on fooling around with probable fat fingers when bone tired. Ij just never seen that happen before nor could I find any material on that subject. But thanks for the suggestions.

GDR

Hello

Our old friend OPA used to advise keeping any gauges that may come with a panel in the panel folder itself, rather than in the Fs9 gauges folder (they will function as intended) but avoid possible clashes that 'may' have caused your problem.

Another thing......Boring I know but back up your sim regularly. As well as saving you from catastrophic Sim failures it can also be very useful in a situation like yours ie rather than having to rein the whole Sim from scratch you could have simply taken your gauges folder from that backup and overwritten the current one in your sim you may have corrupted with a dodgy download.

Backups.....rather boring to do,but often VERY useful as a spare parts solution.

Andy

Archived