Extreme Landings pro: problem with business jet "Short runway" mission

raptor3945

Hello,

I have a problem in a mission with the Business Jet. It's the "Short Runway" mission 03, in level 1 challenges.

To complete this mission successfully, it is requested to land and stop the plane on a 900ft long distance.

I tried several times with different ways (dumping fuel before landing, reducing the speed until the plane stall, make the plane rolling off the runway in order to slow down faster) but, in the end, no way to stop the plane without exceeding 900ft long.

I wonder if this mission is really possible or not ?

I wonder if 900ft long is really a possible and reasonable distance with the business jet ?

If anybody could help me and explain me how to stop the plane on a 900ft long distance, it would be great !

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I imagine with a pretty strong headwind it's just barely possible.

Too bad commercial/private jets don't come with tail hooks...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Drogue chute?:rolleyes:

Sounds as though you're using your ?device? like a Nintendo Wii controller. Does it have a control for spoilers or reverse thrust? Reverse thrust along with brakes would be my guess.

Or maybe upwind into a hurricane. If the headwind is strong enough, you can fly backwards. I've nearly done it & wasn't at all happy about it either!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mototron
I too had trouble with this mission. The briefing indicates a 12kt wind from 270, and since this is runway 4 that becomes a tailwind. Continue downwind and make your approach on runway 22. 873.66ft. Good Luck

• 4 years later...
Hello,

I have a problem in a mission with the Business Jet. It's the "Short Runway" mission 03, in level 1 challenges.

To complete this mission successfully, it is requested to land and stop the plane on a 900ft long distance.

I tried several times with different ways (dumping fuel before landing, reducing the speed until the plane stall, make the plane rolling off the runway in order to slow down faster) but, in the end, no way to stop the plane without exceeding 900ft long.

I wonder if this mission is really possible or not ?

I wonder if 900ft long is really a possible and reasonable distance with the business jet ?

If anybody could help me and explain me how to stop the plane on a 900ft long distance, it would be great !

Thank you in advance for your help :)

One way I've figured out how to do it is to come in so you land at a slight angle, and then use your rudder and rotate your device as far to the other direction as you can, to kind of drift the plane and make you stop faster