Air Manager not connecting to FSX

694B32

Hi there. I asked you about Lvars in June then I saw the topic that they support for Lvars is coming. :cool: So I just bought your programme (from Simmarket) It looks a fantastic piece of software. I've even created my first gauge using your very helpful video tutorial about using Skinman. However I have a problem. I followed the install instructions including installing the fsx module and SimConnect. I set the configuration page to FSX and Air Manager on same PC as FSX and all worked ok. But then when I came back to FSX the next day Air Manager wouldn't connect (or I assume it didn't as the instruments didn't sync). I reinstalled Air Manager and it worked ok but again after closedown it didn't connect and sync when I loaded it and FSX. I tried clear cache and restarted Air Manager but it still isn't connecting. Any idea what the issue might be and how I can solve it? I am desperate to get going with Air Manager as it looks exactly what I want so this is frustrating. Any help appreciated.

Rich Cooke

Sorry should have said I'm using Windows 8.1

Hi Ralph. Thanks for the quick reply. I checked in Task Manager and the plugin wasn't running. I launched it manually and then everything worked perfectly. I've obviously messed up trying to launch it automatically when FSX starts.This is my EXE.XML file

Launch

EXE.xml

False

False

False

False

GoFlight Hardware Interface

D:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe

EZdok camera addonFalseC:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe

Air Plugin

false

D:\Air Manager\win\Air Plugin FSX\AirPluginFSX.exe

The exe.xml is a bit messed up.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe

ends with

and not with

So you will have to add a / to it. The EZdok part isn't closed now without that /, so it will never start the Air Manager plugin.

Many thanks for that. I've cleaned up the EXE.XML file and when I launched FSX the gauges kicked in. Fantastic thank you.

I just wanted to say this is a brilliant piece of software. Good interface, easy to use and the fact that people can create and upload gauges is a real plus. I can hardly believe that, by following your video tutorial about using Skinman, I created a working airspeed gauge in a couple of hours. Its so satisfying to see that in FSX in my panel. So congratulations to everyone involved with Air Manager.

Rich Cooke

PS Happy for you to mark this thread "Solved" in the title if you wish.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived