Strange Phenomenen in Prepar3d v3

fgehl

Hi Guys

I have a strange thing with my B738.

When i start no position /anti collision or strobe lights.

So i press the (l)ima or (o)scar but nothing happens.

After 1.20 hrs when i'm in the air i press this again and it shows the lights.

What can i do about thtis?

I copied already the gauges and effects into prepar3d v3.

Frans

Hi Guys

I have a strange thing with my B738.

When i start no position /anti collision or strobe lights.

So i press the (l)ima or (o)scar but nothing happens.

After 1.20 hrs when i'm in the air i press this again and it shows the lights.

What can i do about thtis?

I copied already the gauges and effects into prepar3d v3.

Frans

Seems like every day 5 new bugs pop up in V3. I think beta testing was not a real priority.

Seems like every day 5 new bugs pop up in V3. I think beta testing was not a real priority.

Using an incompatible aircraft in P3D and it doesn't work. And that's a P3D bug?

Get real Bob. There are a lot of causes for what he describes and most of them have nothing to do with P3D.

*IF* there were a light BUG as you call it in P3D it would affect ALL the aircraft not just one.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Using an incompatible aircraft in P3D and it doesn't work. And that's a P3D bug?

Get real Bob. There are a lot of causes for what he describes and most of them have nothing to do with P3D.

*IF* there were a light BUG as you call it in P3D it would affect ALL the aircraft not just one.

Vic

How about all the joystick and control problems I am reading about with default as well as add on aircraft?

Bob - I am not denying that there may be bugs. Personally I have no joystick and/or control issues with V3 but there are enough reports to indicate that *something* is not right.

However not all problems are bugs or even LM's responsibility and it appears in this and other forums that you seem to go out of your way to complain about V3 - and you haven't even tried it yet.

I find the quantity of your anti P3DV3 posts suspicious and see that as someone with an agenda but I have been wrong before.

I can guarantee that MOST of the P3D3 users are too busy flying and enjoying the product to post. All we see are the ones having trouble and if past history is correct, the majority of those are user error or a lack of understanding of the product.

Again, I am NOT saying it is bug free - it's computer software - that is an impossibility - just that there are far FEWER real bugs that one might think.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Jim Robinson, VG Baron and anyone else.....I have gotten my P3D back and got my FSX back after screwing up on my end....But. I would like to know how to get ASN and ORBX back into P3D ver 3..as it won't load for numerous reasons and I have done the launch thing and tried with no joy the update etc...so I am not a techie so any simple advice for a simple mind would be appreciated....it really would...thanks in advance...al v

Al - as far as ASN you just need to download the latest P3D version 5765 from http://www.hifitechinc.com/downloads.

ORBX has released PNW installer for V3, a new orbxlibs and some individual airports. You can download and install those.

I do not recommend using programs like the migration tool to do your install - some people have had issues, others success. Be patient and WAIT for the official installer from the developer.

Vic

P3D Rig

Re: Orbx, what are you're having trouble with Al? Knowing what's v3 compatible and what isn't? Downloading the updated installers? Installing after the download? The Orbxlibs? FTX Central 2?

I don't really know where to start, do you have the v3 compatible FTX Global installer (OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140.zip) for example downloaded and saved at this point?

We're pretty limited to which Orbx products work in v3 at the moment, the holdup is the ObjectFlow module I believe, so for now they can only release v3 compatible installers for things that don't need ObjectFlow. Here's what they've got so far:

https://www.fullterrain.com/sim/P3Dv3

You should be able to just re-download anything you see in the list from your account at FSS. It shouldn't matter in which order you install anything but you should always install/re-install the latest Orbxlibs last, there's a new v3 compatible version here:

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

After that start FTX Central 2, select Prepar3D v3 from the opening screen, and apply the region of your choice. You'll only have one choice "Global" for example if you've only installed FTX global, you still need to "Apply" the region though because that's the point where FTX Central copies files, updates your autogen, adds things to the terrain.cfg, adds things to the scenery library, etc.

FTX Central may want to update itself, if so let it do it's thing and it'll restart itself when it finishes.

Jim

Jim and vgbaron.....I think I finally got ASN in the Prepar3d v3 and it seemed to reinstall.. .....ASN comes on and then asks about launching and I click to say yes.....then it goes fine...and I do the conditions and then the map and then I start P3D and all looks good but when I put a plane at an airport....after about a few seconds....ASN comes back and says I am not owner or the administrator etc of anything including programs 86x..etc and then ASN shuts down and I am lost at this point....I can wait on ORBX...but I need ASN for the weather etc to show in the PMDGs.....BTW everything works great in the evil FSX HAAAAAAA!!! but it does...and through this ...I lost FSX.... I really like P3D v3 as I flew today about 1900 miles with no problem except no ASN.....any help appreciated ...really ...it is...al v

No...right click does not help....been doing that all along.,....FYI when I had ver 2.5 everything worked fine...really ...no crashes ...nothing...when I went to v3 and started the updates with ASN and Orbx...everything went south...even lost things in FSX....so I have FSX back including great AI Traffic...but nothing loads into v3.....and I can fly v3 anyplace without any problems but cannot load any addons into it....so guess that is okay...and cannot reload v2.5 like it was....I am not bad mouthing anything ....LOL...I have always said ...I , on my machine, never saw what the bitching was all about FSX when if you did what people on this site recommended ....you would be fine...and I did what they said..and had no problems...Ha...al v

AL - as far as ASn goes, you might want to open a support ticket at:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

it sounds like you have a permissions problem or your anti virus is blocking something. They're pretty good at getting that sorted out quickly.

Vic

P3D Rig

Vic, thanks for your interest and patience...I have excluded ASN from my spyware, reloaded, launched., etc etc....and still it is not accepted into v3......So, v3 runs just fine by itself and I am good with that.....I have my FSX which is fully loaded and runs fine thanks to all the guys on this site with their tweaks I have installed for years...I am not a techie and am through with tweaking....the v2.5 worked great but I was warned and LOL...I did not listen .....so I will use V3 as it is....and it is good that way. thanks again...as they say..."Later Gator" al v

Archived