Error code fs04 windows 10

Phil2

Phil,

I believe that the error refers to autorun.dll errors and, in this instance, appears to be associated with the FS2004 DRM (Digital Rights Management) requirement that verifies you have a legal copy of FS by requireing CD #4 to be in the cd drive when you start FS.

Win 10 ships without the required DRM tool as it is a known security risk. They also released a Win Update that removed the risk from W7/8 as well

See the following thread for more info and the options available to resolve this issue.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!

Regards

Brian

Phil,

That thread doesent have it on, all the errors arnt the one i get

I appreciate that the thread does not specifically mention your exact error but, as the error code stated in your OP is related to autorun.dll issues I believe that the underlying problem that is discussed in the thread (and therefore possible fixes) are relevant.

I don't wish to sound rude but your second post is confusing - what do you mean by

So id need an official flight sim? I thought i had one
and
just takes ages been trying for months

I assume from the thread title that you have FS2004.

Give me more details of the exact problem.................

Did you upgrade to Win 10 from another version of windows or is a straight install?

If it as an upgrade was FS2004 installed and working prior to the upgrade?

If not an upgrade and FS2004 was reinstalled - did you get any error messages during the reinstall process?

Confirm if the FS install is straight from the box or patched to v9.1

Confirm your install path for the main folder.

Has FS2004 worked at all since moving to W10

Also give further details of the exact problem. For example, does the error message occur immediately after you insert Cd #4 into the drive or only after you try and start FS.

If possible give brief details on any other actions taken by you in your attempts to solve the issue.

Regards

Brian

Hi i did the upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 i bought new flighstim04 discs as i didnt know where my old ones was and installed it but it didnt work. It worked fine previously, i did reinstall it as my laptop had to be restored as the hard drive had to be replaced , i didnt get error messages when it was being installed its only when i click on flightsim to load it , i immediatly get the 07xe 126 message, iv got the 9.1 update its fine when i install the cd#4 iv read a few websites and installed different problems with .dll which dont show as a error message but they did previously, i also got a message saying do you want to allow this from an unknown publisher but thats stopped now, iv uninstalled and reinstalled and done updates but nothing :(

OK, thanks for the extra info.

I still think that this is related to a DRM issue as outlined in my other posts. I suggest that you try one of the following to see if it remedies the problem.

OPTION 1: Use the no-cd patch - this method removes the need to have cd #4 in the drive when launching the sim. See the following entries from the original thread I highlighted to find where to get it and how to use it. Ensure that you get V9.1 version and that you make a backup copy of the original fs9.exe file

Post #44 https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!&p=1941599#post1941599

and

Post #82 https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!&p=1943463#post1943463

OPTION 2: Manually switch the required DRM service on when you want to load the sim. This method will still require you to have cd #4 in the drive when starting the sim and must be carried out before clickingon the FS icon. There are 5 commands, as listed, that can be run. Simply run the appropriate command instruction

Post #71 https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?293089-Sim-won-t-load!&p=1942450#post1942450

Select one of the options and see if that resolves your issue. If the sim starts with one of these options do a few test flights and let us know if any other problems are encountered

Regards

Brian

...........do you want to allow changes from an unknown publisher to make changes to your pc :(

Phil,

Glad your back flying.

RE unknown publisher messages - these type of messages are merely informing you that a new object has been added to the sim and that the sim is asking if you trust it.. They are mainly associated with gauges that are installed when you add a new aircraft to the sim and, whilst mainly associated with payware products some freeware products may also have some. Some products will only display a single message whilst others may display multiple messages one after the other when you click yes or no.

If you do trust it answer yes and a entry will be placed in the fs9.cfg under the [Trusted] section and you will no longer get the message. If you answer no then every time you load the particular aircraft that uses the object you will get the message

Regards

Brian

• 1 year later...

Archived