Black screen problem (loading screen , exiting menu, settings)

frknjo

Hello everybodey!

Can anyone help me. Today after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, i wanted to try FSX, is it working. I normaly started launcher main menu apeared, then i chose plane, airport etc.. normaly wanted to start flight. I pressed fly now, and then i got blackscreen( i mean everything was black until game fully loaded) after blackscreen loading, everything was ok, aircraft, scenery was ok, but when i wanted to end fligh i pressed ESC and got blackscreen menu. Yes it was posible to end flight when i overmouse on button but i didnt see anything. After blind pressing i found buton ended flight, than started again same black screen until fully loaded, then i wanted to go in ingame settings , and got black screen same problem with ESC menu i mentioned. Ok i switched to windowed mode and it was ok, but when i swich it back i get that problem again. Or if i press Alt+TAB , or WIN + TAB and swich back to the game its ok than. I dont know if i explained it well to you guys, first time im writing on this forum.

Thank you for upcoming answers and solutions for this problem, thank you!:)

Black screen and loading when you hit "Fly Now"? Does it look like this?

black screen loading.JPG

Windowed mode looks OK but full screen doesn't? You may have a graphics card problem. Have you tried deleting your FSX.cfg and letting the Sim build a new one?

Try posting screenshots of what you are seeing.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

as a workaround. For when you press escape.

This is what you are not seeing. The top option is selected.

you can press to end the flight.

Or press the arrow keys to select another other option, press , and it should open the option you want.

So:

arrow down, Enter.

should open the "continue flying".

and

arrow down, arrow down, Enter.

Should open the "view flight analysis" window.

workaround.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I forgot to mention my GPU is Nvidia Geforce GT 635M (Laptops)

And yeah Mrzippy and il88pp yeah thats it where i have my problems, i serched on forum and found simmilar topic, where people say that prob is GPU, i mean new driver or some future updates will fix this problem .

I forgot to mention my GPU is Nvidia Geforce GT 635M (Laptops)

And yeah Mrzippy and il88pp yeah thats it where i have my problems

If you are seeing what I and il88pp have posted, then that is normal.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think the issue is he is not seeing what we are. He sees a black screen instead.

But "behind that" things seem to be working fine.

I heard some things about updating the videocard driver as well. One that is meant for win10.

I also saw a tip about right clicking the fsx.exe and selecting "properties" then selecting "Run this program in compatibility mode-Win7"

But I don't know specifics, and I don't use Win10. I saw that in other threads here.

Some went back to Win7/Win8, because in that fsx worked flawless, and they regretted updating. Others seems to have a accepted loosing a few things and stuck to Win10.

Good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recovered my FSX due to the black screen by a new install. I reproduced the problem after inadvertently. It seems that scenery/global/texture was corrupted in my case when adding things back from the previous installation. So ... after copying an FSX backup over onto scenery/global/textures things came back to new again - in other words, no issue !

Upgrading GPU driver for Nvidia Geforce is a good idea for W10 OS.

My F/A-18 likes it that way :)

nvidia geforce.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

I think what okdaley means is that after installing FSX he made a backup of the complete fsx folder (all 17Gb) and stored it somewhere safe. (perhaps on an external Harddisk).

And that the black screen was fixed by copying to the folder in your screenshot, the files of that same folder from the backup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think what okdaley means is that after installing FSX he made a backup of the complete fsx folder (all 17Gb) and stored it somewhere safe. (perhaps on an external Harddisk).

And that the black screen was fixed by copying to the folder in your screenshot, the files of that same folder from the backup.

Yeah i did same had it on external drive, copyed again on Program Files/M. games nothing happened. Maybe its corupted, from addon instalations i have allready instaled on backup FSX ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183081[/ATTACH]

I uploaded my GPU driver yesterday. Nothing happened :/.

ps. is this newest one ?

GPU driver v355.98 appears to be the latest.

I am using v353,62 as of 7/29/2015 which was advertised as being a GPU update for Windows 10.

Geforce.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Archived