Captainsim 767-300/SkySpirit 767-400 Merge?

aeroplaneman

Yes of course its legal. Modding data you purchased is in no way an illegal act. If it was hundreds of thousands of gamers across the globe would be in jail :o

As for actually doing so, it will almost certainly work. Just ensure you reset the camera position in the VC correctly for the new model.

I have the JustFLight freemium 757 cockpit in my 767, and it works quite well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First, You can do anything you want with your software as long as you don't try and sell it or make it available on the web.

Second, Merging a cockpit is not as easy as just moving a few files. You better know how to edit .XML files if you want the switches to work. They are part of the model.

This is from the a TDS group about merging panels.

1.Merging a VC has a limit.

At case under , FSX can select a combination of Interior and Exterior.ONLY BOTH Model (MDL) Files are made at FSX SDK(Software Development Kit)At TDS's case filename starts from TDSX is a FSX SDK model.

2.How to merge a VC

See and learn from a good example , MS DEFAULT 737_800.It explains a lot and gives you many infomations.

Good Luck :)

I did this a while ago. I put the b747_400 VC into the B737_800.

I tried to find the guide for you that I used.

I'm not sure this is it, but I think it is. The text looks very familiar.

I skipped the first part of course.

That explains how he prepared his posky to be able to accept a VC. Because his was not an fsx model yet when if started.

So that can be skipped.

(it's very short, so have a quick peek anyway.)

The second part explains how to put in the donor VC.

That's what you are after.

I'm not sure I found it on that site or elsewhere, but again, the guide looks really familiar.

Enjoy.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17996209

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only did that default one. I don't know how to help with the captainsim.

I do remember that getting it correctly into the defaults took me a lot more then 10mins. More like a day.

I can't see the image, but if the gauges show but are just not clickable, try adjusting the eyepoint. Forward. .

With the eyepoint in the headrest gauges are unclickable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All I can say is, actually a lot of them do show.:);):p

The 'old fashioned' ones show just fine, and so do the buttons and dials on the autopilot. (Which is nice:p ) (This week, I have been mostly eating veggyburgers. :p )

Are the buttons clickable?

Looks like you're very close.

Yes MrZippy:), I know. Less coffee, more sleepy.:p )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All the buttons have their clickspots, and most do change to indicate being pressed. The fact the auxiliary gauges work, could mean that the main ones are not on because they aren't powered? I've tried the battery and avionics master shortcuts in FSX. Seems like something needs to change in order to bring back the systems... No idea how to do that though...

After checking some of the major features here's what works and what doesn't.

Working

• Flaps lever
  • MCP heading (is dialable but not operational)
  • Parking brake lever
  • Engine fuel control switches

Not working

• APU power knob
  • Spoiler lever
  • Gear lever
  • MCP altitude is not dialable
  • IRS panel
  • Most of the overhead panel doesn't work as it should

The gauges files are in place, and there were pop ups asking for permission to allow the gauges. I even went back into the FSX.cfg to ensure they are trusted. From what I'm reading, blank main displays is a result of the anti-piracy mechanisms CS has employed on their products. Even though I purchased the 767 legitimately from CS I guess this project may not work out.

You could try an alternative way to do it. It might be possible to replace the default Cptsim model with the TDS one, rather than try to copy over the cockpit to a different plane. That way it *in theory* should still be a legit CptSim plane, just with another model and should bypass the protection check.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived