Aircraft in FSX Steam Edition

jefferysitz

I mostly use P3D but I was thinking of getting the Steam edition of FSX to take the airplanes from it to P3D. Is this possible? Do they store the aircraft and gauges in the same way. Gold edition is pretty much ungettable now.

Pointless exercise. P3Dv3 and subsequent versions will just open even wider the requirements for specific product for specific sim.

YES, easily done. I've brought most of my fsx planes to P3D. Watch for the next Steam $5 sale on FSX.... cheapest insurance I've ever bought!

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Why? What so bad about using content you already legally purchased?

Do read the material. You didn't purchase anything except for a license to USE. The manner in which the product may be used is as defined by the license, so unless it expressly permits use in the sim, or licensed for use across multiple platforms, it is NOT legal.

Just because it can, doesn't mean it should. Of course those with no morals or scruples will always try to hide behind the legalities. Usually improperly.

In this case thought, there are many better reasons. First among then being the utter stupidity of doing so, when not cognizent of the implications or complications.

Why? What so bad about using content you already legally purchased?

Avsim view it as highly illegal up there with piracy to use it in another platform that it wasn't designed for.

Like using FSX textures in fs9 or vis versa. Or aircraft. Etc etc etc. You know, just the stuff us simmers have been doing for years and posting about it and how to do it? But now we're criminals.

I'm turning myself in to the law and suggest you do the same.

But most payware craft on most sites state its for both FSX and P3D. It is in no way illegal to use the aircraft for both simulators when you legaly own them both.

And modding isn't illegal either. You can download mods for games on Steam itself. Plus sites like NexusMod have been going for decades with no legal problems. In fact many developers themselves post about using content from these sites. Or even post links to them directly or feature them in news articles & videos etc.

I don't get it. ?:confused:

I think some people over there are, to say the least, confused.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't get it. ?:confused:

I think some people over there are, to say the least, confused.

The person you say is 'confused' happens to be th main mod who is on a quest to shut down every conversation that hints at something like this. And banning members which has already happened.

Somebody questioned me as to my posts regarding the so called 'server' problem and that my post had nothing to do with anything. Well, it has EVERYING to do with my post. We often lose access every day at the same time. Mostly when those in the USA are sleeping. That's often when I can't log on. What is happening is mods - usually one - is scanning topics and shutting down those who dare mention something like this.

Private messages are also scanned. I was warned sometime time back by a member to be VERY careful with what you pm somebody about and to delete everything instantly. I got sloppy, and was banned and have now lost my pm privileges.

You don't get it? Neither do I.

Ok squeek, the simple truth: I'm not fond of big airports; I love hills and valleys and, while away from civilization, I get anywhere from 40 to over 100 depending on clouds, scenery and how many MP aircraft are around - but 40-ish to 60 is a common range. This is with a fairly high level of settings.... then I'll fly into an Orbx airport with lots of activity and it may pull me down to 20-ish until I lighten my detail level a bit. I'm quite happy with the system's performance.

[grin]

ED and Star Citizen both initialized to Max settings on install, as did FSX and P3D.

I'm lovin' it!

[\grin]

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I got banned at AvSim years ago. Do I remember why? No. Must of been not so very outrageous behavior on my part. But it sure was extreme on their part. Do I want to re-register? No thanks. I don't like abuse (of any kind) so I stay away from 'those kind' whenever possible. Life is too short (and I am too old) for BS like that.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I am running a 4gz Amd 8core with 8 gigs of memory. I forget which graphics card I have, but it is nothing special, I think I paid less than 100 for it.

P3D runs fine on it with the graphics in the mid range. If you can run FSX with good graphics, I think you will be able to run P3D as well.

I have had mixed results with using FS9 planes with P3D. Most will work but sometimes you don't have any glass or maybe the propeller is a solid disk. I use FSGenesis from 2004 with no problems. The most common problem I have ran into is sometimes Windows 7 will not allow running old installers, giving a security error.

Archived