Thread: Saitek yoke and panels not enough usb power ?

1. Default Saitek yoke and panels not enough usb power ?

If I plug my two Saitek panels plus two throttle controllers and the yoke into one usb port not all of the items will work as there is not enough power. How do you guys with multi panels and yoke work your usb setup?

I have the items far from the pc so running several extensions to several ports is an option but also wondering about powered hubs.

Powered hub

Quote Originally Posted by teisco View Post
    If I plug my two Saitek panels plus two throttle controllers and the yoke into one usb port not all of the items will work as there is not enough power. How do you guys with multi panels and yoke work your usb setup?

I have the items far from the pc so running several extensions to several ports is an option but also wondering about powered hubs.
    Powered hubs work! They also allow the several items plugged in to charge their batteries even with the computer turned off.

I have a Saitek yoke, 2 x Saitek throttles and 7 x Saitek instrument panels.
    I have a total of 16 free and payware FiP gauges set up on the 7 panel units as I start to put together with 12 x Go_Flight units to make a representation of the DC3 PH-PBA of the Dutch Dakota Asociation.
    I have the 7 Saitek panels plugged into a powered USB.

For my Saitek Yoke and throttles I connected them directly to the back of my PC. For other hardware I use powered hubs. Also check to ensure the hubs don't go into "low power" mode I read about years back. Forget exactly what that's called but it would cause issues at times for me.