Saitek PRO FLIGHT YOKE problems with FSUPC in FSX

matteo.cordaro

Good afternoon,

I'm new to this forum and prevents this is my first post :) . I hope you can give me a Manoa solve my problem . A few days ago West bought the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke . I was very excited to try it , but immediately a problem has arisen :( . After positioning the aircraft to the gate and rifornitolo , the stick works well . Later I left the simulator just to press " Start Flight" on an ACARS of a Virtual Airline. On my return flight simulator does not recognize the device and I set " Mouse as Cloche " . And there is no way to go back to using the cloch than to exit the simulator and start all over again .

My pc is a HP with intel core i7 processor and 64-bit Windows 8.1 . I use , as required , FSUIPC ( free version ) .

I hope someone can help me !

Greetings.

Matteo

Sorry for the bad English but I'm from Italy

Check USB hub and ports - make sure that under Device Manager Universal Serial Bus controllers - the hubs, root and the device are UNchecked for the following under `Power Management`

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Usually this defaults to on so you need to remove the check mark.

Did you download the Saitek yoke software? If not, go to their site and get it.

Also check your "controls" and see if the primary controller is the yoke. Is it even listed as an option? If Yes: set it. If No: Re-download it and make sure the download goes to the FSX folder.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Rupert

Thank you for your reply. Yes I downloaded the saitek software but it not working yet. I saw on the net that it could be FSUIPC in the free version.

Have you any ideas.

By

Matteo

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

I can't say they're wrong. But I installed yokes on two computers with Free USIPC and they worked with the yoke exactly as my other computer which has the licensed version. There were some other things which didn't work as well with the "free" version as the licensed, but Saitek wasn't it. BTW: I also have Saitek rudders, throttle, and the Multi-Instrument Cockpit Panel. They all worked fine with the "free" version.

From the FSX page Click on controls Controls Does it show Saitek Pro Flight Yoke as an option?

If so, click on it and it should allow you to calibrate etc.

If not, then you either didn't do a good download or it ended up going someplace else besides FSX.

I've had better luck installing FSX in a "new folder" folder which I name FSX. Though others do fine with it in the default location. Go to My Computer and see where FSX is installed. Then do another Saitek download and make sure that download sends it to wherever your FSX is located.

Check USB hub and ports - make sure that under Device Manager Universal Serial Bus controllers - the hubs, root and the device are UNchecked for the following under `Power Management`

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Usually this defaults to on so you need to remove the check mark.

+1. That could be a problem as well. Another thing to check.

Thanks for the tip. I found a couple usb ports that were checked in power management and I unchecked them.

I have a different problem with the Saitek yoke and panels,,not enough usb power so only a few will work.

That's not an uncommon issue with a lot of folks who are using USB ports for addon hardware. Buy a powered port terminal. Plug some of your USB addon items into it. It will communicate with your computer without increasing the power drag. I think many would do well to get powered terminals, whether they use Saitek products or not.

I've known many people who have "flaky" computers when they have a bunch of stuff plugged into their USB ports. But no problems when operating with less USB items plugged in. Everything we buy now seems rigged for USB ports. But the motherboards weren't designed to carry that much USB power load.

Just because you have an empty USB port doesn't mean your rig can handle the extra load if you plug something else into it!

Archived