Extreme Landings: Problem with Autopilot mission in "Sonic Bang"

jr6424

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here or if this is a bug. While flying the SST in the "Sonic Bang" missions section of Extreme Landings for iOS (on an iPad Air) it seems to just hang up after setting the Vertical Speed. I take off, raise the gear and nose, switch to the map, set the altitude to 5,000, set the heading to match up with the course to Nice (approx 035) and then it asks me to set the vertical speed to 3,000fpm and to level off at 7,500ft. After leveling off at 7,500ft (or +/- based on terrain) nothing happens, it never triggers the next instruction and I can just keep on flying until I run out of fuel. I've tried changing course and doing it over water so I can level off at exactly 7,500ft and that doesn't work. I tried 300fpm instead of 3,000 and that didn't work. I tried leaving the 3,000fpm climb set in there and not level off and still nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Has anyone else been able to finish this mission? Thanks for your help.

-JR

Hello all

Same problem for me. I have try lot of things but nothing work

Glad it's not just me, here's the repsonse I got from their tech support:

Thank you for writing and for your feedbacks.

We apologize for the inconvenience you reported.

We are investigating the reported problem and we want release new version (with new features) very soon.

Hopefully they'll get the fix out soon.

-JR

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here or if this is a bug. While flying the SST in the "Sonic Bang" missions section of Extreme Landings for iOS (on an iPad Air) it seems to just hang up after setting the Vertical Speed. I take off, raise the gear and nose, switch to the map, set the altitude to 5,000, set the heading to match up with the course to Nice (approx 035) and then it asks me to set the vertical speed to 3,000fpm and to level off at 7,500ft. After leveling off at 7,500ft (or +/- based on terrain) nothing happens, it never triggers the next instruction and I can just keep on flying until I run out of fuel. I've tried changing course and doing it over water so I can level off at exactly 7,500ft and that doesn't work. I tried 300fpm instead of 3,000 and that didn't work. I tried leaving the 3,000fpm climb set in there and not level off and still nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Has anyone else been able to finish this mission? Thanks for your help.

-JR

After the request to use vertical speed, and after raising 7500, do you receive the message to switch off the vertical speed switch?

After the request to use vertical speed, and after raising 7500, do you receive the message to switch off the vertical speed switch?

No, nothing happens after setting the vertical speed and reaching 7500. It doesn't lock up or anything, it just never gives the next instruction and you can continue to fly until running out of fuel. I made it all the way to Calgary last time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bug confirmed: now we could read this on support site:

Sonic Bang - > Autopilot mission

We experience a bug due a precision issue for some kind of device/operating system in "Autopilot mission" of Sonic Bang Scenario.

Unfortunately this issue causes not end of mission. Please sorry, we working hard on next coming release (2.0) with massive graphics update and other brand new features.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived