Desperately need a working airline.cfg-file.

bermershof

After changing Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 it resulted in a lot of not-working adonns for my FS9. So it is impossible to install RWY12- and Editvoicepack 3.1 anymore. I think the problem is the 64b structure of Windows 8.1 After asking around in the FS-community nobody came with a solution. I have got from a FS-friend of the flightsim-community a new airline.cfg file, but this one is made with the FSX-version of EVP. Now I can not hear all the airline callsigns in this file. Is there anybody in the FS-community who has for me a big airline.cfg-file which is made by EVP 3.1?

After changing Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 it resulted in a lot of not-working adonns for my FS9. So it is impossible to install RWY12- and Editvoicepack 3.1 anymore. I think the problem is the 64b structure of Windows 8.1 After asking around in the FS-community nobody came with a solution. I have got from a FS-friend of the flightsim-community a new airline.cfg file, but this one is made with the FSX-version of EVP. Now I can not hear all the airline callsigns in this file. Is there anybody in the FS-community who has for me a big airline.cfg-file which is made by EVP 3.1?

What would happen if you copy that file I gave you to notepad and re-save it on your system as a .cfg?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello Mr Zippy, I tried your advise, but with no positive result. My question is who can help me with an airline.cfg file which is made with EVP 3.1? It is strange to me that using the aircraft.cfg file you send me, I can hear some airline callsigns and a lot of them not.

I installed Editvoicepack v3.1 on my Win7-64bit to test. The installer worked fine.

I did install outside of program files. Directly into the root of C:\

I ran it, but it did not run. But that is just because of my system. The error was because of missing registry key for FS2004. (I don't have FS9).

I'm sure otherwise it would have run.

I googled it a bit and found a lot of reports it runs fine on win8-64 bit, but that it must be installed outside of the Program Files (x86) folders.

Good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing I can think of is that your version of EditVoicepack does not contain some of the airline names that my airlines.cfg file has. The airlines.cfg is just a simple notepad list of names that is named airlines.cfg when saving.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Does the OP realize that that particular file has nothing to do with what airlines are heard or not? In fact, that file is not needed at all for ATC to call planes correctly.

And EVP does work under a 64 bit OS.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The error message is:

Proces id=0x13dc (5084), Thread id=0x13cc (5068).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

After clicking CANCEL the EVP-program gives this text:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following commasnd resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordbg.exe !a 0x13dc

• 4 weeks later...

Archived