Precision flight controls flight yoke conversion to usb.

jodajen2

Ok so this is an old project that has been on hold. I have a PFC cirrus flight yoke but it is gameport DB 15. I am ready to upgrade my computer to win 7 and build a much better machine for fsx. I have used a CH yoke and pedal but the PFC is much better quality. The problem is win7 will not support the gameport so I decided to purchase a gameport to usb adapter. No luck didn't work. $8 down the drain. I read the forums and many people talk about the Leo Bodnar BU0836 product line being great for this kind of conversion. I purchased one and need some help.

This PFC yoke is a 6 button with 2 slide potentiometer 100kb and slide potentiometer for the throttle. The literature for from leo bodnar is good but they use rotary potentiometer which use 5 volt, input and ground wires.

The X axis, Y axis and throttle on this yoke use two wires not three. I am having trouble making sense how the wiring correlates to this style pot. Some internet searching show this style pot having four pins for the wire and the are numbered 1-2-3-2. Mine have four post but no numbers. When I wire them to the BU0836 the amount of movement in the game controller calibration is very small.

Thanks for looking any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Did you ever get the conversion working? I have a serial PFC Cirrus II console and a newer computer without a serial port. My motherboard has a serial com 1 connector. I bought a $10 serial port that connects with a ribbon to the motherboard. Now I have a serial port that works perfectly with my PFC console. Windows 7 has no problem recognizing the port.

• 5 years later...

I just used a Serial to USB adapter from Protek and it works just fine, This converted our legacy PFC Cirrus II sim from Serial ports to USB ports for current use. Saved us from Selling this fine simulator. Allowed us to get Certified Level 2 Sim in Canada.

All good.

$30.00 part saved a $8000 sim...

BF

BFC CFI

Ok so this is an old project that has been on hold. I have a PFC cirrus flight yoke but it is gameport DB 15. I am ready to upgrade my computer to win 7 and build a much better machine for fsx. I have used a CH yoke and pedal but the PFC is much better quality. The problem is win7 will not support the gameport so I decided to purchase a gameport to usb adapter. No luck didn't work. $8 down the drain. I read the forums and many people talk about the Leo Bodnar BU0836 product line being great for this kind of conversion. I purchased one and need some help.

This PFC yoke is a 6 button with 2 slide potentiometer 100kb and slide potentiometer for the throttle. The literature for from leo bodnar is good but they use rotary potentiometer which use 5 volt, input and ground wires.

The X axis, Y axis and throttle on this yoke use two wires not three. I am having trouble making sense how the wiring correlates to this style pot. Some internet searching show this style pot having four pins for the wire and the are numbered 1-2-3-2. Mine have four post but no numbers. When I wire them to the BU0836 the amount of movement in the game controller calibration is very small.

Thanks for looking any help would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...