FSX Performance Issue/Nvidia Inspector Issue

cammck

Hey everyone, yesterday afternoon when I went to fly around in FSX, I had some very bad performance drops and I am very confused as to why that is. I hadn't installed any new addons or changed any settings, I simply started my flight sim like every other time and had a terrible performance drop. For example, normally sitting on the ground at Flightbeam's KDEN I get around 20-25 fps with no traffic, however now when I go in (with the exact same settings) I get around 5-10. It is almost impossible to fly with that kind of performance and quite frustrating as well. I've reinstalled my game and used the "verify integrity of game cache" on steam feature as well, and neither have shown any difference. Another problem that I think might be causing the bad performance is that now when I go to open my Nvidia Inspector profiles I am completely unable to edit anything, everything is grayed out. I will insert a screenshot of what I am talking about here; https://gyazo.com/686f612383b9edf77a981b3998cc7013 Also, yes I have ran it as administrator, checked to make sure it wasn't read only, tried running in compatibility mode, and tried re downloading. I have also updated my graphics drivers and made sure everything was up to date there. I am running Windows 7 on my PC as well. However I don't exactly have a "beefy" PC, I would at least like to try and get my sim running the way it was before rather than throwing $1,600 out the window. If anyone knows anything about this issue please feel free to contribute.

Thanks to all.

I've just suffered a similar problem using FSX-SE. Only difference is that I installed Ultimate Traffic 2. I have used UT2 previously with no loss of performance. I am not currently running Nvidia Inspector, but will install it and see what, if anything changes.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

I would concur with uninstalling Nvidia GeForce Experience. It runs a couple of background processes that seem to eat up performance on older or less powerful computers. I did some testing on one of my former computers that confirmed this.

For now, I only install the Geforce drivers, not the 3d stuff, not the Physix stuff, etc.

Archived