Not sure what forum this belongs in --screenshot-- shows problems

goldhawk

I have done fsx for a really long time now, I know most of you all have also. I have never posted a screen shot like this before. I am sorry to say but I am blaming myself for trying steam and then bugging out and going back to boxed edition. I just could not live with no fsrecorder so now I have problems like this that I have a feeling will only be remedied with a new win7 install. People wonder why I have to do so many windows installs, I guess I just like to experiment.

blamesteam.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

If I were a scenery designer (I have tried to be at times) I might call this the Cliffs of Dover come to SEATAC

One other thing I might add. After I uninstalled Steam edition I ran ccleaner because I have always liked that utility. I know there is not enough demand for it but it might be nice if someone invented a more thorough uninstall. I know steam did not get completely wiped out because some of my save flights survived and flight1 instant scenery was still installed although it never worked in steam edition.

Ok this is more like a blog and it probably belongs in my blog but nobody ever reads those. Maybe some one can hire me as a beta tester that would solve two problems:

a. I would have enough money to go to a flight sim convention because they only seem to have them in the UK?

and

b. A certain user would not be able to complain to me in pms that all I do is whine about stuff not working

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to just add that I had just done a flight in Justflight Freemium 757... this is a great plane if anybody wants one.

I do not think the problem is with the Justflight install however.

I am getting this repeated erratic behavior USUALLY, after I finish a flight and try to save it via fsrecorder -- instant replay

This of course begs an entirely different question. If I have so many problems with FSRecorder then why not just ditch it and go back to steam edition

answer -- I never had problems with fsrecorder before steam

However it is possible that the problems go way beyond that..... I am using a whole new pc system now then the one that is shown in my signature. Dell XPS that had a bios that required me to go to some kind of legacy bios before I could install win7 to get rid of win8.1

Maybe there is no company in the world that would care about this problem, Microsoft obviously does not support fsx any longer and I think most people are just concerned with whether or not they can make steam run in windows ten.

This makes me sort of want to give P3d version 1.x a try again since I did buy it a few years ago right now however I have two problems with that

a. I am too lazy to install p3d now -- at least until I get high speed internet again (tomorrow) because i may have lost a disk i burned containing one of the three sets of files p3d uses

b. p3d as good as it is does not have as much default scenery as fsx but I have found it easy to at least add a few fsx planes but have never really tried adding any scenery to it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to say this has been the most trying year of my life due to deaths in the family and other things. That being said August shows signs of my life getting better.

However when I comes to computers I have been having the midas touch in reverse any thing I touch turns to $%^&

My latest problem is not having any more activations on my p3d. sigh. It seems they will probably remedy this for me and I have always been happy with p3d response time. Still it is just more waiting as I am yet to have my new internet install work after three days now.

I once heard a joke that the problem with the computer was some where between the key board and the chair. As I try to enter the 'Digital Age', as Cox likes to call it surely am having to have a lot of patience.

This is probably my third hook up in 7 years and I do not recall ever having to go three days without a cisco router working. So.. more of the same, wait for another tech to come out.

Now Cox is advertising Gigablast with fiber optic, maybe I can put that on my list for Santa Claus. :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

However when I comes to computers I have been having the midas touch in reverse any thing I touch turns to $%^&

Me too, I've had a string of computers over the past 30 years, they all hated me and the feeling is mutual.

I signed up for a free jobcentre-sponsored computer course some years ago, but as soon as the tutor started talking to us about datasheets and dataspreads I felt myself descending into insanity and thought "I don't need that krap!" and walked out, with the tutor chasing me down the corridor like a colditz guard, because he was paid by the government according to how many pupils he had and he didn't want to lose cash by letting me go.

"Where are you going?" he asked, so I said "to the toilet", and locked myself in a cubicle.

He hung about outside for a few minutes then buggered off muttering under his breath, so I slipped quietly out of the building and made a home run..:)

Archived