Time Set In Free Flight Being Updating to Real Time in Flight - Unwanted Behaviour

Wintersedge

I am experiencing a very annoying problem.

I am attempting a flight from Dublin Airport, Ireland in free flight. I've selected my aircraft, the airport and ramp. I change the time to 9:30 am August 21st (08:30Z), with the understanding this will be Dublin local time. Here, where I sit it is 8:55PM August 20th (12:55Z)

When I launch my flight, it is daytime. The sun is shining, the skies are clear. As I'm setting up my aircraft, FSX blacks out to update scenery ("Loading terrain data...") . After update, it's pitch black! It's nighttime. When I go into the menu options the time has changed ... to current zulu time (~00:58Z).

It would appear FSX is updating/resetting to real time, vs. the user set time? It seems to start at my user time setting of 08:30Z but within minutes updates to actual UTC time.

I can go to the menu and change the time settings back to Dublic local time of 9:30am, but again, within a couple minutes, FSX refreshes to current UTC and its dark again.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to fly at night. I have tried "Use system time for Free Flight" both checked and unchecked with no resolution.

I am using FSX acceleration with ActiveSky Next SP3, GEX, and UTX and REX4.

Usually this is caused by an addon, there are several that have a function to synchronize your sim time with UTC/GMT continuously. For example, AivlaSoft EFB does it, if so configured, or FSRealTime. ASN does it, when in historical weather mode and the checkbox is set to force the sim time.

Thanks for the reply ...

So, for my understanding, if I want to fly anything anywhere anytime other than the current (system) time (UTC), I need to keep FSX's Use system time for Free Flight unchecked? By leaving it checked, regardless of where I fly, or the time I change in FSX alone (without addon) will always default to UTC?

I do have both FSUIPC and Active Sky Next. I know for certain that I am not flying with historic weather mode (don't even know what that is all about). I will have to look deeper into FSUIPC. I was unaware that such an option may exist. Does it default to the sync option, or perhaps had I changed it and not known? (That sometimes happens when I am new and unknowledgeable.) Does ORBX scenery apply any time sync options, because I am using it also.

Bottomline ... I guess i do not want to sync with UTC?

I don't think FSUIPC has this function after all, at least it didn't in the past. I think you should check all your addons, find out what they can do and if one of them has this option. Could be ASN too, as the SP3 has just been released - like, a bug. Didn't have much time to test it, but I will.

Of one thing I am certain: FSX does not do this by itself when you are flying.

This continues to be an annoyance. After trial and error, I have observed the following:

The problem still happens even when Active Sky Next SP3 is not activated.

With FSUIPC unistalled, the problem continues to exist.

I suspect, after having disabled it, Aivlasoft EFB to be the culprit. With EFB not active, FSX does not seem to want to reset the time. I see in the data provider, there is a miscellaneous setting, "Synchronize UTC time", that if I uncheck will be the ticket out of this annoyance. (but not to say a useful tool to someone else)

Archived