Sense of humor?

goldhawk

Maybe my seense of humor is sort of twisted but i was just wondering if charles lindberg carried an inflatable raft and if he had gone down in the atlantic who would have gone to look for him?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Guest FSXF0zzer

I watched some documentaries about his flight and I'm sure he left his parachute behind for weight reduction so he probably didn't carry a heavy raft.

Lindbergh omitted a parachute and a radio from his gear, opting to include more gasoline.

They would probably have done some search for him but it would have taken a long time. Ocean liner crews would probably have been warned to look for him.

I'm sure that if he crashed some distance from any coast he would have been lost forever and hardly remembered.

I am not sure about Charles Lindbergh flight ,but Titanic sank in 1912

I don't think Mr. Lindbergh ever sank, but I am often wrong...

:D :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I don't think Mr. Lindbergh ever sank, but I am often wrong...

:D :D :D

Pat☺

Hello Pat

I was just wondering when the Lindbergh flight actually took place.?

I suspect he was well aware, baring in mind the technology of the time (which I would imagine was Morse code at best )that if he was to ditch in the vastness of the Atlantic he would not survive.

Hence the leaving of his parachute.

If I crash ,I only have to rescued from the vastness of my living room.

Andy

I'm sure they could have sent the Titanic after him! Or am I too late for that?

"A ship!! I'm saved! Hey, I'm over here!"

"uh, we've got our own problems sir..." :)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Lucky Lindy made his flight on 20 & 21 May 1927. So yeah, that's a little late for the Titanic. I believe the fact is, he knew if he went down he was dead. So no radio, no parachute was needed or wanted. What he really needed was as much fuel as he could carry!
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

And I think some of it was leaking into the cockpit. Wet feet, gasoline fumes, all the goodies.

Either it was him, or Wrong-Way Corrigan. I can't recall right off which is the fuel leaker...

But at least, they both made it and were alive and as well as may be expected, although I bet the first thing they said getting off the plane was..."OH THANK GOD! Where's the restroom?????"

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

..., although I bet the first thing they said getting off the plane was..."OH THANK GOD! Where's the restroom?????"

Pat☺

There's a funny story (true or not) attached to that

In-flight urination has been a subject of curiosity for as long as there have been airlines. After completing his famous transatlantic flight to Paris, Charles Lindbergh received an audience with King George V. According to accounts of the meeting, the King leaned forward and asked, “There is one thing I long to know. How did you pee?” Lindbergh explained that there was a funnel hooked up to his wicker seat, which directed his waste into an aluminum container. Of the aluminum container he said, “I dropped the thing when I was over France.”

Source: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/02/long_island_couple_pelted_with_poo_where_do_airplanes_dump_their_waste_.html

And nowadays there are relief tubes, "blue water" ice TFOA incidents, the famous soda bottle method, adult diapers (which I understand the astronauts wear on spacewalks...), all kinds of "relief" for fliers.

Aint modern aviation grand??

:D ;) :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caption Competition- How about "I knew we should have packed 3 pairs of galoshes!"

(Junkers W-33 'Esa' transatlantic attempt 1931 from Portugal, ditched with engine trouble. 3-man crew clung to floating wreck for 6 days before a passing ship picked them up 7 miles off Newfoundland)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/Ju-33_Esa_Atlantic_zps681c98fc.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/Ju-W33_transatlantic_attempt_1931b_zpsb2ee5929.jpg~original

I think I would put what I am going to have inscribed on my urn when I go, as a caption on this:

Ju-33_Esa_Atlantic_zps681c98fc.jpg

"OK. THAT didn't work. Who brought the beer??"

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Six days? They are extremely lucky it floated that long! :pilot:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Six days? They are extremely luck[y] it floated that long! :pilot:

At least it speaks to Junkers' build quality... it was the mill that failed, not the airplane. :p

Gotta hand it to the 'pathfinders' like Amy & Jim, Jean, Martin & Osa, Wiley, Slim, and all the rest, including the guys flying the Junkers. In their own way, all of them tried to bring the World a little closer together.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

The pilot had a idea the trip wouldn't end well when the navigator miss-spelt "SEA" on the side of the plane.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Six days? They are extremely luck it floated that long! :pilot:

That's what I was thinking .

Six days in the Atlantic!

I would imagine that a few miles of Newfoundland (unless they had a life raft)

hypothermia and death would have been swift in coming.

Calm for six days as well.

If I ever decide to row the Atlantic I will get myself Junkers.

Andy

Archived