Taxi Lights

alealp

Hi, I have found that I have a few aircraft with no taxi light, how can I install this lights? Thanks

Congratulations, you are in the running for the yearly prize for the less specific question of the year.

Other questions include "why is my computer doing this?", "why wont FSX?" and of course "why does fsx crash when I push the thingy in the menu thingy while I am running the other thingy because my other, other thingy stopped working so loaded a new version of my old thingy and now things have gone from bad to worse, can anyone help please?".

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Hi, I have found that I have a few aircraft with no taxi light, how can I install this lights? Thanks

You will find out that MS DID NOT MODEL THE LANDING OR TAXI LIGHTS ON FSX Default aircraft.:rolleyes::confused::mad::eek: (even though I did have Landing & Taxi lights on one install but never have been able to reproduce again.:mad:

Hi alealp,

Many freeware and default planes have no separate taxi light that illuminate the ground.

Most defaults do have a landing light that illuminates the ground.

Some of the freeware add-ons don't. Or have a landing light that looks bad.

Not much you can do about that. Lights that illuminate the ground are built into the aircraft model, and there is no way to change the model (plus it's not allowed).

You can add a light effect manually that you can see from outside view, but it won't illuminate the ground.

There is one way to add light effects that do illuminate the ground. For that you will have to buy the the shockwave3D lights package.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Default FSX- first make sure key 'L' is assigned to Lights in the Key Controls assignments list.

Then go to the Realism settings screen (below) and make sure the 'Pilot controls aircraft lights' box is ticked as here-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/FSX-setts6.gif

This is the default Airbus, its lights seem to light up the ground pretty good, just cycle key 'L' a few times-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/FSX-lights.gif

But the lights on this freeware Boeing 777 are much too bright because it must be modelled differently, and like people have said, some planes have NO lights-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/FSX-7772.gif

PS-the pics are from this thread-

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?248532-Taxi-lights-in-spot-view&highlight=illumination

You will find out that MS DID NOT MODEL THE LANDING OR TAXI LIGHTS ON FSX Default aircraft.:rolleyes::confused::mad::eek: (even though I did have Landing & Taxi lights on one install but never have been able to reproduce again.:mad:

That's a surprise! I have taxi lights on all my default FSX planes that I've ever tried. I can't swear it's every single one, as I haven't flown them all. But it's definitely all those I've ever tried, except for the ultralight of course.

As others have said, press L and see what you have. :cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That's a surprise! I have taxi lights on all my default FSX planes that I've ever tried. I can't swear it's every single one, as I haven't flown them all. But it's definitely all those I've ever tried, except for the ultralight of course.

As others have said, press L and see what you have. :cool:

What some of the people are looking for are taxi lights that will turn on without having to have the landing lights on. My addon aircraft have taxi lights that will turn on just flipping the taxi light switch. There is a mod over at avsim that fixes the lights for the default 737.

fsx_b737-800_fixer.zip

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

MrZippy,

Did you allow the fixer to do its auto thingy directly on your FSX? I'm talking about the "fsx_b737-800_fixer.zip" program.

Cheers,

Nope, I could care less what the default 737-800s do! I only fly my addon 737-800s. This was a big, long drawn-out thread over at AVSIM a few months ago and someone came up with this "Fixer" program and thought it was better than sliced bread!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I did. Not a biggie. It makes copies of (by renaming) the old files it replaces it. My FSX will have to be reinstalled before a year is up anyways. Let's see how much freebie is worth.

At least now the light switches make sense even though I think the lights are too dimmed.

Cheers,

Because I use photoreal scenery, all my flights are daytime ones, so to be honest, I see taxi lights in outside view on some addons (not defaults) but I have no idea if they light up the ground or not. Don't really care anyway. Lol
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

FOR EXAMPLE THIS AN-24B (Samborski), IT HAS LANDING LIGHTS BUT NO TAXI LIGHTS, THE PANEL HAS TWO SWITCHES, ONE FOR LANDING AND ONE FOR TAXI LIGHTS, AND I HAVE FOUND OTRHER AN-24 WITH BOTH LIGHTS WORKING.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/lealp787/an-24.1_zpsnyonwdhj.png

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/lealp787/an-24_zpsanwpxlbj.png

I think being that its a Antonov I think the least of your worries should be if the taxi lights work or not, as in the real world just getting a Antonov from A to B in one piece is a miracle, anything more than that should be considered a bonus.:D
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

I forgot there are more light controls than I thought, here's the hotkey list, I haven't tried them all yet, and i daresay some planes don't have the whole lot-

Lights - all (on/off) L

Strobe Lights (on/off) O

Panel Lights (on/off) SHIFT+L

Landing Lights (on/off) CTRL+L

Landing Light (tilt down) CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 2

Landing Light (tilt left) CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 4

Landing Light (tilt right) CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 6

Landing Light (tilt up) CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 8

Landing Light (center) CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 5

Interesting, I find the B-777 landing lights annoying--actually blinding as they seem to glare back into the cockpit--and I cannot use them. Some of the add-on ac have non-functioning lights for me. I cannot recall any FSX default ac having issues with lights. Using the L key usually turns on all for me--or you can go to the panel and play with the individual switches.

Since FSX doesn't bring any default B777 you might have a port over from FS2004 and that's the why. Old tech. I love the B767 by iFDG but I have to land at night like a bat with a cane.

Does "A2A Simulations 3D LightsTM REDUX" work for any plane? Me tink toh.

Cheers,

Archived