Fasten seat belts, catering, passengers, etc.

8Jusitn

Hello guys and gals, I've been away from flight sims for a while but I've been doing some research on them as i come back into them. i going to study to become a pilot and P3d seems to be the answer, HOWEVER, i was just going to get the FSX steam edition because i had the boxed version but I'm looking for the more realistic flight experience. everyone seems to be worried about graphics and FPS. I'm concerned about FPS but i don't need 60 or 70 i just need enough landscape to VFR. i run Intel 7 and Nvidia graphics that are fairly mid-high range but nothing fancy. My biggest question is; is P3d worth the extra few dollars to get a seat belt switch and catering and to be able to load the passengers and luggage and all that fancy stuff which i do enjoy in peoples videos?? i want the most realistic experience, so what do you guys think?

thanks a ton for any input positive or negative

Justin

Hello guys and gals, I've been away from flight sims for a while but I've been doing some research on them as i come back into them. i going to study to become a pilot and P3d seems to be the answer, HOWEVER, i was just going to get the FSX steam edition because i had the boxed version but I'm looking for the more realistic flight experience. everyone seems to be worried about graphics and FPS. I'm concerned about FPS but i don't need 60 or 70 i just need enough landscape to VFR. i run Intel 7 and Nvidia graphics that are fairly mid-high range but nothing fancy. My biggest question is; is P3d worth the extra few dollars to get a seat belt switch and catering and to be able to load the passengers and luggage and all that fancy stuff which i do enjoy in peoples videos?? i want the most realistic experience, so what do you guys think?

thanks a ton for any input positive or negative

Justin

Flew FSX for many years. P3D is smoother and looks much better.

I switched a few years ago and haven't looked back. Good move for sure!

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

but are there more planes, are there more realistic cockpits and such? better ground services and more realistic atc? i know there are add-ons for this stuff but i was hoping to get it all in one package. plus i lose all the missions but those are nothing really i guess..

but are there more planes, are there more realistic cockpits and such? better ground services and more realistic atc? i know there are add-ons for this stuff but i was hoping to get it all in one package. plus i lose all the missions but those are nothing really i guess..

No, there are no features as you describe. Seat belt switches, passenger loading luggage handling are all features that are either carried over from previous versions of flight simulator, or require addons same as they always have done. P3D is a flight simulation platform, if you want to add passenger simulation you can, at your cost.

Plus I don't understand why you refer to such things in the same paragraph as VFR flying. It's a very limited set of flying criteria that requires those things in combination. Normally mutually exclusive.

As P3D is intended for professional users and academic study, I suggest FSX SE will probably be a better solution as there are already a huge range of addons to deliver everything that you mention.

Archived