Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS9 Crashes on Splash Screen

Default FS9 Crashes on Splash Screen

G'day forum of expert simmers, have spent the best part of today trying to figure out what I maybe able to do here without the full on re-stall.
    I havent added any scenery or repaints for over a month and yesterday I started to get the Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. It would do it once and then load the sim fine. That all changed today it gets to building database for new scenery and thats as far as I get. Always at 81%.
    I have done the following;
    Checked for an up to date DirectX
    Manually went through and changed all add on scenery to FALSE to see if deactivating them would work
    Moved all my traffic bar the default cessna from my Aircraft folder
    Rebuilt the FS9.cfg
    Deleted all the Scenery.dat files
    Updated my drivers
    Deleted all flightplans

And unless one of you kind people can offer something I havent tried im an eyelash away from the a compete re-install and while not the end of the world a massive pain in the backside

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark, try moving all non-default modules out of the Modules folder and launch FS again. Anything added by a scenery installer needs to be moved, as it may have become corrupted and need uninstalling/re-installing.

Hi Tiger thanks for the tip gave it a try but no joy unfortunately.

Are you starting with the default flight which is the C172 at KSEA Rwy32? I mean the default C172 and KSEA scenery, no add-on AI, mesh, photoscenery or landclass?

When it would open yep always the C172 at KSEA now it won't even get to the menu 81% on the load to build database scenery on start up is as far as I get.

check your antivirus quarantine folder for a FS9 related file.

Have you checked your event viewer? Maybe posting the error message from that will help get an answer quicker.

Ill check the quarantine folder and MrUnsavoury can you telk me how to do that ive been trying to work it out cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNZ View Post
    G'day forum of expert simmers, have spent the best part of today trying to figure out what I maybe able to do here without the full on re-stall.
    I havent added any scenery or repaints for over a month and yesterday I started to get the Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. It would do it once and then load the sim fine. That all changed today it gets to building database for new scenery and thats as far as I get. Always at 81%.
    I have done the following;
    Checked for an up to date DirectX
    Manually went through and changed all add on scenery to FALSE to see if deactivating them would work
    Moved all my traffic bar the default cessna from my Aircraft folder
    Rebuilt the FS9.cfg
    Deleted all the Scenery.dat files
    Updated my drivers
    Deleted all flightplans

And unless one of you kind people can offer something I havent tried im an eyelash away from the a compete re-install and while not the end of the world a massive pain in the backside

Cheers
    Mark
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you remove ALL of the Default Airplanes except for the
    Cessna C-172?

Alan

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen
    AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

Yep ive since put them back in I was trying everything and anything I could think of

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast