NVidia settings, GeForce Experience, Nvidia Inspector & performance

annber

You guys bear with me, until now I had no reason to immerse myself in Graphic card settings, computer hardware, HDDs or SSDs with my old puter, but I am trying to learn now that I have assembled a decent system. If you guys have some thoughts or guidance it is hugely appreciated.

I keep reading about making adjustments to your graphics card, downloading Nvidia Inspector, etc., and at this point given the rough start to my new system with faulty parts and all I am kinda hesitant to take steps that might screw something up.

According to the shop that put together my system, the card I have should have up to date drivers, as of one month ago. I have something in my system called Nvidia GeForce Experience, and reading online, some people seem to suggest it is not needed. I also see that there are some tweaks to be done to the card thru Nvidia Inspector, and at this point I am experimenting slowly and trying to learn more before installing any additional scenery or planes, but do feel that I need to look into how to improve my card performance short of overclocking it at this early stage. Thank you guys, and thank you for all your advice so far, it has been very very helpful.:)

Nvidia Geforce Experience is not needed for FSX. It is just a piece of software that searches your computer for games it knows and optimizes them. Furthermore it is checking online if a new driver version is available and installs it too. It would get rid of it, if you want a stable platform. You should decide when or if you give in to the very frequent driver updates by NVidia or not. Actually, the only component needed for FSX from the NVIDIA install package is the driver itself (and I install PhysX as well, because I think it is needed for Surround = multi display spanning). Unless you want/need the other stuff, like real 3D etc.

NVI or Nvidia Inspector is a tool written by one of the gaming gurus. What it does is, that it lets you influence more settings in the GPU driver than is possible with the NVIDIA control center. Nothing bad can happen there, you can always revert back and as a final option reinstall the NVidia driver by using the option "clean install" and everything will be back to normal. For FSX, it is recommended to dig into this at some point, it can improve things quite a lot. In NVI you will find "profiles" for software, mostly games, and "MS Flight Simulator X" too. That one is the place to work on. You only change settings in this profile, so nothing else is affected. Use one of the guides available online, but feel free to experiment on your own. I found the sweet spot of my system outside the well-known tweaking guides...

Thanks nuitkati, just downloaded Inspector, played around with some tweaks, and I am enclosing the screencapture from Nvidia Inspector of my card. I am not sure if this is the top potential for my card & system, but with Orbx NorCal, Orbx San Carlos, and coastal photoreal blend with high settings I am getting between 17 to 24 FPS on runway.

nvidia_insp.jpg

Thank you for this note.. For very long time iI have a terrible problem with that NVidia Inspector (Typical when FSX it's of the market), I Think the Pic you post is so impresive to see so real the Surf down on the cost line , How can I get somthing like that?

Archived