P3D Hotfix install question

b3burner

I just got word of the hot fix for 2.5. I have no idea if I really want it or not, but figure it couldn't hurt, if I'm running everything default and have no special addons yet.

Question is what's the the best way to install it?

1. Make a back-up copy of my original P3D 2.5 set up, store it off in some storage folder for safe keeping, and then unzip the hotfix to a temp folder, and copy and paste the entire copy of the unzipped hotfix into the working copy of my original P3D folder-- allowing it to overwrite any duplicate files/folders with the later of the two copies?

OR...

2. Manually remove only the copies from the original folder that I know are going to be replaced (ahead of time by hand), and then transfer the hotfix items over to my working copy of the original?

If I don't like the hotfix (and how it makes my Prepared function), is it as simple as trashing the entire working copy I had overwritten, and moving the saved copy I had placed in my back-up folder, back in the original folder's place? Or after overwriting the original copy with the hotfix items, has the registry now been changed for good, and I have to re-install the whole thing from scratch-- to get back to where I started?

Thx, John

Ditto #1 - more trouble but safer.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived