Thread: editvoicepak

Default editvoicepak

hey
    I downloaded editvoicepak 2.0 and it said I had to download the .net framework to use it. I downloadeed it and it said I already had it, but I don't think I had it because the it still failed to run. I got an application error message. Then I downloaded it through windows update and it failed to install. If anyone knows whats going on, please respond.
    Ben

Default RE: editvoicepak

"An application error message" means something is wrong.... Now, if I knew what the error message was saying, I might even be able to guess what is wrong!

/Lars
    Developer of EditVoicepack

EditVoicepack.exe-Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

That is what it said when I tried to open "EditVoicepack Client". I assume I need the .net framework installed to open it. But I can't get the ##### thing installed!!!
    Here's what I did: (I have Windows XP)

I used the link from the EditVoicepack site to go to the sight where I downloaded the .net framework. I downloaded it, and this is the message I got during the install:

Microsoft .Net Framework V1.0

Microsoft .NET Framework V1.0 is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.

OK.........then why won't Editvoicepack work? I re-downloaded and re-installed it and got the same result.

Then I tried it through Windows Update. I got this message during the install:

No Updates Were Installed

The following items failed to install. To try installing them again, click Review and install updates, and then click Install Now again.
    Microsoft .Net Framework

I tried it again many times, and it still didn't work.

A few months ago I installed the Windows XP Service Pack 1. Then my computer started acting weird (I don't think it had to do with the .Net Framework) so I took my computer back in time to before I installed the Service Pack. Later I installed just the 4 critical updates, and then Internet Explorer 6,but that was after I started having .Net problems anyway. My only guess as to what happened it that maybe fragments were left of the .Net Framework after I took my computer back in time, and those are messing it up. But I'm not even sure the .Net framework evencame with the Service Pack 1. I went to add/remove programs and then to add/remove windows components, and there were no signs of it there. I'm wondering if there might be a folder it could be in or something.

Well, obviously I need help and if anybody has anything to share that might help, I would much appreciate it. Thanks.

Ben

It sounds like you may have corrupted some parts of WinXP. You can conduct a recovery/reinstallation by placing your WinXP CD in the drive, and follow the instructions. I ignored the request to register again and the computer continues to operate.

I did that recently with my daughter's computer, pre SP1. It reset all the files to the WinXP CD revision level. I then had to update all the files from the WinXP Update site. I have since downloaded the entire SP1 (137+MB) because I have three computers to update and installed to each computer. I briefly looked through SP1 files to see if NET was part of it, but didn't see the NET files. I would definitly install SP1, since Microsoft will only support post SP1 on their update site. I also recommend downloading the entire SP1 file or ordering the CD for $9.95.

If you want WinXP NET files use the ones on the WinXP update site. There have been several updates to the NET files since it became available.

W. Sieffert

Thanks. It worked.