EYKA Kaunas ILS Approach problem

daons

Hi All,

A long time user of FS9 here, but I've for a long time had a problem with flying ILS to a specific airport.

When flying to Kaunas Airport in Lithuania (EYKA) I cant complete an ILS approach on Runway 26. After engaging the approach procedure (NAV frequency and CRS while descending to intercept altitude etc. and being flown in on the Autopilot), the aircraft suddenly banks to the left and takes me out of the approach path.

This happens on both default and addon scenery for the airport but only for this airport with both default and addon aircraft.

Has anyone experienced this before either at Kaunas or somewhere else.

Thanks,

Hi daons, I have had similar situation it doesn't happen too often but it has happened. I am glad that someone else has had this problem & not just me. I don't have an answer as I fly liners mostly. I use Flightaware for real liners in different airports, browse it is in the first clickable "Live Flight Tracking", you will see "Browse Airport" in there is a clickable place where you put in the three letter code for a airport and it will give real time planes flying around that airport if you look you can see a folder labeled IFR plates for that airport click there and you will see all the runway with ILS/LOC click & you will have a NAV map enlarge it and in the upper left corner you see the NAV com/ ILS radio freq. try this out as maybe some airports in flt sim might be wrong. When I have a same issue I look it up there to verify. Also there is a folder that says Maps & Diagrams for that airport click there & it will have a map of the runways, I print them out so I have the runway to look at. I hope this helps. Good luck too. Kenny

Many thanks for this, I shall try this. Its not a major problem as a visual landing at that particular airport is straightforward. It just annoying that this bug happens at one of my preferred destinations.

Archived