Colors in Sketchup models

giorda35

I downloaded a terminal from Google Warehouse. The scenery I downloaded has seven textures, three materials and four colors.

When I export the model from Sketchuo to a collida file, I get also the directory with textures, but only containing the three materials.

I recreated the colors and added as jpg files to the texture directory but when in Model converter I try to get the dds files, I got the dds files only for the materials and I got a bgl file for the terminal missing colors. I tried to find in tutorials how treat the colors, but I was not able to find anything.

Where I can find a tutorial on this subjet?

Thanks. giorda35

giorda35,

There are no .bmp's for colors. Open the collada file in ModelConverter, click on the Materials Editor then click on the color. There will be a small arrow at the end of the line. Click on that and a window will open with a rainbow of colors to choose from. Also at the top of that window is a box labeled "Web". Click on that for more colors. Once you have chosen a color it will appear on the object. When you find a color that you like export the collada file and it will have the color you've chosen. Hope this helps.

unclegreg

Archived