Thread: Article: Interview With Alf Denham

Blog Entries

Default Article: Interview With Alf Denham

2. Default

Alf. I have been hunting for your FS2004 creations, but I have had no luck. Could any one give me a link.
    Thank you for the current FSX creations, Alf.
    Mark Burton.
    Canada

Excellent and informative interview. Fascinating to read about the man behind these beautiful sceneries. Long may you continue in your various hobbies. Hopefully one day there will be an Alf Denham rendition of Shoreham.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mark1930 View Post
    Alf. I have been hunting for your FS2004 creations, but I have had no luck. Could any one give me a link.
    Thank you for the current FSX creations, Alf.
    Mark Burton.
    Canada
    Sorry Mark,
    I only created 2004 scenery in a small way for my own interest. I only uploaded sceneries when I got into FSX.

Alf

5. Default

Hello Alf, Since a few months I have a new pc. It is a pc with Windows 8.1 64b. Since then several programs that I use for scenery design don't work anymore (such as RWY12, Editvoicepack, etc.). Do you nwow what went wrong? Is it the 64bits windows version? To repaire or restore this problem is it better to return to Windows 7?
    Greetings from a very hot Uden city in Holland (Europe).
    Tomahawk

6. Default

Hi Tomahawk,
    Afraid I can't help you there. I have no experience of using FSX or any of the Utilities in Windows8.1. All mine have been with Windows 7, Vista and XP. It's a while since I used Rwy12 so don't know if it was ever updated, it's quite possible that these old programs are not happy with 64 bit. It would be best if you could track down the originators of these programs and ask them-or try the FlightSim Forum.
    I would just say to anyone reading this, I don't pretend t0 be an expert in these things, just a keen dabbler!
    Alf

Quote Originally Posted by bermershof View Post
    Hello Alf, Since a few months I have a new pc. It is a pc with Windows 8.1 64b. Since then several programs that I use for scenery design don't work anymore (such as RWY12, Editvoicepack, etc.). Do you nwow what went wrong? Is it the 64bits windows version? To repaire or restore this problem is it better to return to Windows 7?
    Greetings from a very hot Uden city in Holland (Europe).
    Tomahawk

So all started by frustration with Flight Simulator's lack of scenery. I know what he means; I only started because when I was learning to fly I saw three grass fields that were not in FS9. Now, eleven years and 400 airfields later and still not finished.