CH Products Pro Pedals / Yoke Stopped Working

Amnar

Help! I have my Ch Products Pro Pedals for almost a year and it suddenly stopped working. when I plug it into my laptop, I get a message says "device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it", I plugged into both my windows XP and 8.1 computers and they give the same message!. Now, my Ch flight Yoke cannot be even noticed as a malfunctioned device, it's like it's not plugged in at all.

Should I trash them? but it's too expensive to buy new once!

Should I replace the USB Cables? even though they are integrated into the device motherboard

Is there a driver or something I have to download?

I don't know what to do :(

I got grounded again after buying the FSX steam edition and was excited for multiplayer

well, i actually bought it on ebay 2 years ago. But i replaced the USB cable like some people recommended in other forums, it worked for some, but sadly it didn't work for me, i think the problem is in the electronic card inside the device, so i searched for parts online but it didn't they have what i want.

Never had that error message myself, but I had a look.

I typed "device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it" (with quotes, so it searches for the full sentence) into Google.

Three things came up.

Conclusion, it's a usb port problem. And likely not a problem with your yoystic/yoke.

People had the same error message, all kinds of varied devices.

>>Some could fix it by using a different port on the computer ( usb2 - usb3 - other usb3 - powered usb hub instead of direct usb port).

>>Some fixed it by going into bios and changing the setting for "Legacy USB" to "Yes".

>>Some fixed it by updating the USB driver for their mainboard.

((all this with other usb devices then yours.))

So don't throw your Yoke in the garbage, it could well be ok.

(Weird though that it does not work on both computers)

Try maybe attaching other devices to see if they do all work as they should.

Try disconnecting all other devices, and connecting only the yoke. One broken and connected USB device can mess up all other usb devices, causing all sort of weird errors.

Try disconnecting the PC from the wall (power), and leaving it off for five minutes before you plug it back in. Many pc's nowadays have a continuous charge thing where there is allways power to the usb, even when the PC is off. That way you can use it to charge your mobile phone even when the pc is off.

Nice, but the disadvantage is that the usb ports never get fully discharged and reset, and if some error occurs it can linger on.

Also, try using a different keyboard. It is both a USB device, and an imput device. THerefore likely to cause a conflict.

good luck, il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived