FSX Acceleration - Disable Arresting on Carrier

kk5qz

Wondering if anyone knows how to disable the FSXA arresting effects when landing on a carrier with the hook down. I'm testing some third party arresting systems, and FSX+Acceleration is making that a difficult process. I want to be able to land on a carrier with the hook down, and have the sim NOT effect the arrestors.

Thanks,

G

Wondering if anyone knows how to disable the FSXA arresting effects when landing on a carrier with the hook down. I'm testing some third party arresting systems, and FSX+Acceleration is making that a difficult process. I want to be able to land on a carrier with the hook down, and have the sim NOT effect the arrestors.

Thanks,

G

I'm confused. Did you say you wanted to land on a carrier, hook down and not have the arrestors work? Why don't you just leave the hook up, then it shouldn't get caught.??

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The one by the Golden Gate bridge is not a static carrier. It moves, and has

working cats and cables.

But one of the ones that parks at Norfolk is. There are two that park there.

One static, one not static. Of course, the one that is not static will not be

there all the time, so if there is only one, that should be the static carrier

as I don't think those ever move.

Okay thanks, but using a static carrier doesn't answer the question. I want to completely disable (and preferably be able to re-enable) FSXA's carrier trapping effects. A static carrier will achieve what I intend, but only for static carriers. I need it to work with non-statics as well.

Are you absolutely sure the Golden Gate carrier moves? I could swear it's static whenever I use it!

That's because it's parked for a spell. But it's a fully functioning carrier

as far as the cats, wires, capable of moving and such. I oughta know, being as

it's the carrier I use most of the time. :cool:

And being parked is why I use it so much..

That way I can save flights for it, and not have the carrier move out from

under me before the flight gets through loading. But you will notice it's not always

there. I've got it's track somewhere, but forgot where all it goes.. Basically up and

down the CA coast I think. Seems like it also visits one of the S. CA ports like

maybe San Diego. ??

It may venture north of CA too, but like I say, I forgot it's exact path being as I

haven't seen it in a good while.

I use a saved flight which sets the time to where the carrier is there.

And "ships" has to be set pretty high for that one too if I remember right. Too low,

and you won't see it.

We're obviously talking different carriers. The static carrier I refer to is CVN63 Kitty Hawk (bottom first pic). Has cats nor cables.

Two other (moving) carriers visit San Francisco, one going to and coming from Everett (on top first pic) and one shutteling to/from San Diego.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150617040301_zps3zffd6c5.png

On Saturdays shortly before 0100 GMT you can see both moving carriers (second pic). First one departing for San Diego, second one arriving from Everett. Allows for some "carrier hopping". The static one is always there, of course.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150617035524_zpsrzt3iyje.png

KHAF Half Moon Bay is about the nearest airfield I think.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I'd never noticed the static one.. But that may be because I tend to go terrorize

the big city/SFO and don't really venture out over the water a whole lot. lol :D

I think the one I use is the one that runs to San Diego. I reset the time once, and

followed it once just to see where it parked at San Diego. Might have saved a flight

for it there. I'll have to keep an eye out for the static carrier at SF bay.

Archived