Majestic Dash8 Q400 For FSX Graphics Problem - VC Blackens

The Majestic Dash8 Q400 is extraordinary, but am having an irritating graphics issue with the Virtual Cockpit occasionally partially blackening. Sometimes it will clear up, sometimes not. Majestic Software has advised to try removing the Shaders/Shader10 files. Another forum blogger advises to leave the Shader files alone. I'm too chicken to experiment with computer files and risk a computer lockup or worse.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

alandsuzie@comcast.net

The Majestic Dash8 Q400 is extraordinary, but am having an irritating graphics issue with the Virtual Cockpit occasionally partially blackening. Sometimes it will clear up, sometimes not. Majestic Software has advised to try removing the Shaders/Shader10 files. Another forum blogger advises to leave the Shader files alone. I'm too chicken to experiment with computer files and risk a computer lockup or worse.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

You don't delete the shader files, you delete the shader cache.

I don't have this AC. But i did get this issue wit other aircraft, including default. Reason was either settings to high, lots of clouds, or a program, like a virus scan, starting in the background.

Waiting, lowering settings, or shutting down the background program fixed it every time.

Unrelated to the issue i deleted the shaders a few times. No ill effects. Improvement even at times. Fsx will rebuild the shades files on the next startup.

The reason I did this was because I switched from dx10 preview mode to dx9 and many advise to rebuild the shaders when you do.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 years later...