✈ AI traffic ✈

I have used Flight1's Ultimate Traffic 2 for years. I still use it today. I have had no problems through the years. It has always worked for me. I have no experience with MyTraffic.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Hi,

there are two different approaches to AI traffic.

Either precompiled flightplans in .bgl files making use of the internal FSX AI flight engine you control with the sliders. That would be MyTraffic, WOAI, MAIW, Traffic 360?

Or you go the UT2 way, it disables the FSX AI system and injects its own traffic. But you have another process running beside FSX that may or may not be an issue on your system, performance wise. I think it floods Simconnect sometimes, but I am not sure.

The catch with AI traffic is, how accurate and current you want it to be? UT2 is no longer developed, but there is the odd update to the database every year. MyTraffic is supposed to be pretty current (I'm using UT2, so I don't know). Both systems can be expanded with other traffic of your own, but the first approach with bgl files makes this quite a bit easier than UT2.

I'm using a combination of WOAI and UT2. There are quite a lot of my favourite repaints missing in UT2, so I'm using some of the WOAI planes instead. Piece of cake with UT2, assigning new planes. The rest of the functionality, like traffic boards etc., I don't need or use. What I find convenient in UT2 is, that I can control a few of the traffic generation parameters, like how many planes are spawned and under which conditions (altitude, range). There even is a slider "reduce traffic if FPS drop below x", but I never use that one either...

I will now tell you what I did in just a few minutes, never spent on a better reward for fsx.

1) Go to World of AI.

2) Download and unzip the woains24 file installer.

3) In their website, go to the airport of your interest, they will tell you which airlines visit the airport.

4) Dowload the different airlines one by one for the approapriate Flight simulator.

5) Install each airline.

It is all very quick and easy, it will not cost you anything, you´ll have great aircraft nicely painted for free.

Unfortunately WoAI doesn't work with many sceneries unless you turn aircraft shadows off. UT2 is worth paying for, it's by far and away the best AI package.
i5 4670K - 16GB - GTX970 HOF - W7

Hello Mike, can you please tell me which sceneries don´t work with World of Ai ? I have Orbx regions and airports, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, all work. I do want to get some FS Draemteam airports and Flightbeam airports will the trafic show up on those ?

I use My Traffic Lite.

No military a/c, but it does the job. Various airlines represented, albeit older liveries. (Northwest, Continental, etc). But any airport I'm at, even overseas, is populated well.

Plus, the jetways all work so it adds life..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I have used MyTraffic Pro 4 for many years with great success. Just downloaded the latest version(MyTrafficProfessional60). It has the latest liveries, provides airliner, military, and civilian GA aircraft and traffic, as well as several thousand airfield updates (many stock FSX airports have no provision for traffic parking, hence no AI traffic). It can be used "as is" out of the box, but is also extremely flexible, and therefore can have a bit of a learning curve if you want to "customize" it for your purposes, as I have. I highly recommend it, if flexibility is your goal.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I went out and bought My Traffic for a cool fifty something dollars and I can't get it to work for the life of me. I installed it correctly I think, at least there were no problems, but I can't figure out how to interact with the thing. And there is no traffic at all now as it seems My Traffic wiped out the default stuff. There is no desktop icon or any control panel that I can find, unlike F1UT, which I used for years on FS 9. It has a nice control panel and easy to understand GUI. With My Traffic there are a bunch of apps in the FSX/My Traffic folder but no instructions on how to use them. I know you will say go RTFM but I tried and it is not a manual so much as a document for programmers/developers. I'm a flier, not a programmer so as far AS I'm concerned, it is inscrutable. So my question is can anyone point me to a step by step tutorial on My Traffic or should I just write it off and go buy F1UT2?

Thanks

Archived