round and round the gate we go

Fantastic picture, Phil! Gorgeous bird indeed!

Have you taken a look at the FSXBA FA-18C v15.2, or the FSXBA FA-18C NH v1.9.0? By the FSX Blue Angels, part of the FS Dream Team, the folks who (mostly) developed the FSX Acceleration (or Steam, which includes the Accel pack) FA-18C? They took an amazing plane and have since made it, if you can believe it, much much better. I am trying to help contribute, in my small way to the improvements in the FSXBA NH version now. The flight dynamics are approaching perfect, at least according to the several Navy FA-18C pilots on the Beta testing team, and the FCS is really come a far far way up from the default FA-18. Not to mention the 2 dozen (it seems) paint jobs they have for them now, as well a about 8-10 loadouts. Currently we are working on perfecting the weight and balance for the different loadouts, and the flap/slat settings as far as pitch, lift and drag goes. The automatic operation of the Flap Control system part of the FCS is already amazingly accurate. In fact, the operation of most of the bird's systems overall is pretty darn good, and the FCS is excellent.

Sorry, I could go on and on about this. Take a look in this forum about the latest stuff about it all in general. For the FSXBA v 15.2, look on page 38 of this thread in particular. For the New Hornet version I am helping with, or the upgraded Flight Simulator X versions, as well as the 10,000 (seems like!) paint schemes, look on page 1 of this thread.

Warning: The files to DL are rather large, especially all the different texture files, although they are working to lessen the DL file sizes as much as possible. Along with all the other improvements :D

Hope all this is useful to ya!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks jan, charlie and pat! pat, i did download one of the upgraded versions, and read some comments aboujt it in the forums over there. i immediately noticed improvement in the flaps and hud, and am still exploring. i'm at work now and can't look up which version i have. one thing i noticed in comments about it, and agree with, is that it still seems pretty unlikely that the real one takes so long to bleed off airspeed when u throttle back. but i've just learned to anticipate that. as i've said before, its my favorite plane u get with acceleration, now especially.

Phil Colvin

Wow!!! Me Like!!! Me Want!!! Where Get!!!

David :pilot: ..

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

"The T-38 doesn't bleed energy like the MiG, and it has problems with it's inverted flight tanks...."

Sorry, that quote just kinda...fit.

Anyway, on to your situation. If you got the NH n1.9.0, then you're absolutely right. I'm working with Peter on it to solve this problem, among others.

Above 250KIAS, both the NH and the FSXBA v15.2 don't bleed energy off very quickly, this is true, but the rate of the 15.2 is more accurate, ATM. It also depends on AOA. Try to crank her tight around at an AOA of 20-ish, and they both bleed off fast. That's why they recommend full Military or Max power when you try the Pirouette Maneuver. You need it :)

Anyway, there have been a number of real-world FA-18C and E pilots testing the v15.2, and they say it's pretty accurate, all the way round, and I'll take their word for it. Peter (hd764jvgd843) & I am awfully close to having the v1.9.0 dead square on, according to the NATOPS and our "test pilots". Give us a few more days and you should see an improvement. It's a matter of setting the flap's drag, lift, and pitch in both the .air and the aircraft.cfg, all of them, to just the right settings. Once the FCS starts scheduling the flaps out, you should see a big difference, in both models.

We (Peter and I) aren't touching the FSXBA v15.2, just so you know. "Jimi" and gang are trying to develop a PID system for the FCS, to make it even more realistic. It's kinda a slow process as they are mostly Active Duty Military, and have their duties and deployments taking a lot of their time.

Anyway, that's what gives ;D I'll keep you appraised !

Pat☺

PS: The two versions, the FSXBA new Hornet, v15.2 ( This thread, pg 38) and the one about New textures etc, which I call the NH v1.9.0 (This thread, pg 1), are parallel paths to the same end: Improve the Hornet. One by one team, the other by another, with a TON of help from the first :) It's a work in progress and will be for a while yet, believe it or not!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Sweet paint and screenshots Phil, and thanks to Pat and yourself for the links too :cool: :) .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archived