B 787-9 by TDS installation fails

NOUVEAU

Hi all

I downloaded the B 787-9 by TDS (tds789trent_ana_n1792b), then extracted the contents of the .zip file to the Flight Simulator 9/aircraft folder as indicated in the manual.

The aircraft.cf file reads

[fltsim.0]

title=Plane0 FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT1110000000_OPTDEC11110 Boeing 787-9 ANA N1792B YU

sim=Boeing 787-9 RR

which includes the recommended entry FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013

Nevertheless this aircraft does’nt exist in any file of the available aircrafts folder when I want to choose it.

What’s wrong there?

tds789trent_ana_n1792b.zip In the File Library. Since it was for both FSX and FS2004 I did the download and install. Did you open the folder from the .Zip extraction and noticed that there were 2 more folders inside? One was the aircraft folder that goes into your FS9/aircraft folder and the other was an Effects folder that you open and copy all of the files into your FS/9/Effects folder.

I think you have folders inside of a folder and that's why the aircraft won't show.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Quote:'What’s wrong there?'

You will learn that you NEVER extract to your FS9 ('Main') folder (even if the author says to do it in the Readme). That is just habitual advice. But it don't mean it will match up with the FS9 folder structure, as you found out. They don't KNOW how to do it so you have to be cautious and practice 'self preservation'. ALWAYS extract to a temp folder (which you can create under main FS9 folder and call it 'X_Temp For Installs' (or simular)). The 'X_' will place it at the bottom of the other installed (ac) folders and it will then not 'get in the way'. You then either copy or move (your choice) to where the folders belong. You may even have to create a appropriately NAMED folder and then move the individual folders. Cheap insurance and it keeps you sane. Hope this helps.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Zip is correct; the TDS aircraft are particular with respect to the two Folders in question.

However, once you've passed that hurdle, the rest of their offerings Install exactly the same way.

When adding Repaints, personally I've found the easiest method (for me) is to Copy/Paste the [fltsim.0] Entry in the Aircraft.cfg for the Base Airplane, then modify the rest of the Entry for the specific Repaint. Except for the title=Planex entry, I keep the rest of the Line EXACTLY the same; no changing spaces, characters OR Syntax. I think that's where folks get hung up when they try to add Repaints; they use the [fltsim=] from the Repaint's readme file instead, which may not necessarily be correct.

I've Installed the TDS B783, 788, 789 and their 737-700 using the same method, including the Hudetz Panel (787) and the PSPanels mod for the 737...

Everything seems to work OK!!

-- Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hello,

Indeed the TDS Boeing repaints installation is "exotic" LOL

But !! why made simple when is possible to complicate all :)

That's Posky lesson learned .....

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hello,

Indeed the TDS Boeing repaints installation is "exotic" LOL

But !! why made simple when is possible to complicate all :)

That's Posky lesson learned .....

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

Of course! Why use just 10 words to explain something? 40 words work much better, and it looks better, too!

:p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hi all

That's it!

As long as you convinced me that my downloaded file was sane, and my procedure correct, I decided to run a thorough look in my FS 9 folder, searching for a specific text of the *.cfg file. EUREKA : search opened up with a TDS named acft folder. And that's exactly where the B 787 was, among my 500 more acft manufacturers of my hangar.

I've been mistaken when readind the *.cfg file sim=Boeing 787-9 RR, and expected to find it in the boeing acft folder.

So, tks to y'll folks. And I will close this thread now.

Archived