FSX Accelration Beta X Badge

Hello! According to http://www.fsxrewards.com/rewards/index.html there is no such award.

Perhaps it comes from an add-on.

Hi!

But according to simtours.net, it has one. It is the first one on the page. It looks like a F/A-18 Hornet with a fancy white B beside it.

Link to simtours.net:

http://www.simtours.net/rewards.php?flight=acceleration&type=badge

Thanks,

Daniel

I have FSX Steam, so it includes the acceleration expansion pack as well.

Beta tester means you were one of the first to test Acceleration before its release. I do not believe you can get the award now..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I have the FSX Beta X badge... it is 2015 now... over 10 years since it's release.

So you were a beta tester back then? But not for Acceleration? Or how did you get the FSX Beta X badge? Did you participate in the FSX:SE beta testing? If so, then DTG would have to do another Acceleration beta test, and you would have to participate in it. I seriously doubt this will happen. DTG does no longer distinguish between different FSX releases - as far as they are concerned, there is only the SteamEdition, no more 'Acceleration', Gold, Professional, whatever. So no more beta accel badge. You could always ask DTG though, to award you that badge.

The FSX beta badge was awarded for some Mission rescuing mountain climbers or some odd thing I don't have. I would think that somewhere inside of the FSX main folder should be a file with all possible badges and rewards that are given out for the Sim you are using. There is a folder called Rewards with some files I can seem to open.

My bet is that badge was created but a Mission was never really created or finished when Acceleration was released.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The FSX beta badge was awarded for some Mission rescuing mountain climbers or some odd thing I don't have. I would think that somewhere inside of the FSX main folder should be a file with all possible badges and rewards that are given out for the Sim you are using. There is a folder called Rewards with some files I can seem to open.

My bet is that badge was created but a Mission was never really created or finished when Acceleration was released.

Hello!

You are right, MrZippy! You flying the mission "denali base camp charter" and you rescue the climber and land at the airport, and youll get a success message. then fly to 3ak3 or something like that, and park beside the other aircraft there. then turn your engines off, and you get the reward.

so...

does anyone even know how to get it? Im pretty into missions, because that's what keeps fsx entertaining, unlike x-plane which is just a huge free flight.

Daniel

I really don't think there is any "IT" to get. I'm betting it was a figment of someone's imagination on the Ace's team and it was never put into the Sim. Call it "The Flying Dutchman". No relation to Peer01.

OK, I looked through my rewards again and found that I have it. Don't know how I got it?

Rewards.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 7 years later...

FSX Acceleration Badge

You can earn the FSX Acceleration Badge in Mission CustomsIntercept.

After having caught the gangsters you can land on Area_Beta_Happy_Jack,

which is a tiny island north of Sugar Loaf Shores Airport

in the Florida keys.

N24° 41.92' W81° 34.13'

Try it !

I have already told this in a forum that does not exist anymore in 2010.

Seems some people have got the reward for christmas back 12 years ago.

I do not know wether this works in FSX-SE too.

Maybe somebody could try !