Round the world stop by stop

dennylui

I'm a flight simmer for a while and am thinking about something more interesting in the FSX world. Recently I planned a route for round the world trip. Phase 1 is starting from London Heathrow to Hong Kong stop by stop. You can call it the campaign or mission mode. It starts at 0600 and finished at around 2300 each day with 4 to 6 take off and landings and so on. For more realistic you will get 1 to 2 hour of rest between each stop and get some sleep between 2300 - 0600. Each flight is about 1 to 3 hours depending on the distance, traffic and weather.

It takes approximately 5 days for the journey via Europe, Middle East, India, Pakistan, Thailand, China and destination at Hong Kong. So you can experience different time and weather during the flight. I'm using phenom 100 for the flight because of the speed and easy handling. Of course you can choose whatever AC you like for the whole trip or using different AC between each route or stop.

The next phase will be from Hong Kong and back to Heathrow via Taiwan, Japan, Korean, Russia, Alaska, Canada, U.S. west coast, east coast and England. You can creat your own logbook and set the time for each flight accordingly. I thought it was fun to fly with planning instead of just randomly flying without goal. So what do you think about it ?

My routes for phase 1 will be like this...

Day 1 :

EGLL - LFPO - LSZH - LFMN - LIFR - LIBG

Day 2 :

LIBG - LGTS - LTBA - LTAC - LCEN - HECA

Day 3 :

HECA - OEMA - OERK - OMDB - OPKC

Day 4 :

OPKC - VABB - VOHS - VECC - VYYY

Day 5 :

VYYY - VTSM - VTBS - VLSB - ZGNN - ZJHK - VHHH

do you mean 5 days in a row with 17 hours each spent non stop in fsx eyes glued to the screen?? During the holidays or something?

:(I get a headache just thinking about it.

:)On the other hand, there is something to it...:) sounds cool if you can pull it off!

(My head would slump on the desk on day two, with my aircraft crashing in some field somewhere...)

Sorry if I sound negative, not intended. I do like the idea of a round the world trip. I,m actually planning one myself. But at a much more mondain pace. Fly somewhere, spend a few days, taste the local traditional goodies, and fly to the next spot when fancy takes me.

Have fun, whatever it turns into!

il88pp

Edit: I see you just cleared it up already. Ill leave the post in anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you il88pp:)

For phase 1 I think I'll finish within one month. Round the world, planning the routes and explore different countries and airports is another fun. So try to plan your own route and see how long it takes to round the world.:pilot:

Archived