WOAI problem

Hi all,

I don't really use forums, so apologies if this question has already been asked and resolved.

I am quite a fan of using FSX to fly across Japan with commercial airliners. I've downloaded around over 50 AI airlines at the moment, but only implemented around 20. 2 of which are JAL and ANA, the 2 most popular airlines in Japan.

When flying from Haneda airport, I look around to see only ANA ai. JAL ai are nowhere to be seen.

However, they do exist in the game because I've seen JAL ai in Nagoya and other airports.

Considering Haneda is the main airport for JAL, something must be wrong.

Your input is appreciated!

J.Lloyd

I tried it earlier and I have all of the JAL ai packages. I turned up my airline AI slider to 95% and started a flight at Haneda at about 8:30 am. Saw plenty of ANA but no JAL.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

No problems over here.

Only thing that's not default is I use Ray Smith's AFCAD for RJTT (but disabling that gave me JAL as well). My Airline slider is at 50%.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150508002325_zpsrqgojad5.png

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150508002106_zpsyjcq4hg1.png

No idea what can be causing your problem.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thanks Wim, especially for the photo proof!

I've got more: Instead of Haneda, I tried starting a flight at Narita airport, and the airport was also full only of ANA and no JAL. Yet when I started flights at Osaka Intl. and Nagoya (Chubu Centrair), there were just as many JAL as ANA.

Very Strange.

When you go to these airports looking for JAL and do not find them, are there any open parking spots?

Default airports do not have nearly enough parking spots to handle a bunch of addon AI.

As FS loads traffic files in alphabetical order, if the ANA planes fill up all of the available, properly sized, parking there will be no room for the JAL when that file loads, so you will not see them.

A fair amount of AI problems are the result of FS not being designed to handle the amount of AI that we can throw at it with addons.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes, there are plenty of empty parking sports when I look for JAL in Narita and Haneda. In fact, there are more parking spots than planes. The majority of planes there are all ANA with a few from other airlines. No JAL, though.

Thanks!

Are you using an addon for RJTT?

Have you converted any traffic files from FS9 format to FSX?

Have checked at different times of the day, different days of the week?

Here is default RJTT with only JAL installed...

Capture.JPG

...and after adding ANA...

Capture-2.JPG

Shot taken on Saturday, 02:56 GMT, 11:56 local time.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Thanks a lot,

The only addon I am using for Haneda is one which uses all 4 runways. I believe it's the same one that f16jockey_2 is using.

I read your post and then tried it at different times, days and weeks. Still no sign of JAL at Haneda or Narita. Saw them at Osaka and Nagoya, though.

I've attached a photo of how Haneda looks. 2015-05-08_00002.jpg

The only addon I am using for Haneda is one which uses all 4 runways. I believe it's the same one that f16jockey_2 is using.

Try it without the addon.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Try it without the addon.

peace,

the Bean

Thanks, I tried it again without the addon both in Haneda and Narita. Still no sign of JAL.

A solution is not looking likely, might I have to back up my files and reinstall?

I would try removing the ANA traffic files and see if JAL AI populates the airports. If they don't then check that you have both the traffic files and textures models installed. If yes then use a AI traffic editor tool to check the JAL traffic files to see if they have entries for the airports concerned. If yes, recompile the files and check if the AI has appreared. Failing that you could try re-downloading the source files

Regards

Brian

I would try removing the ANA traffic files and see if JAL AI populates the airports. If they don't then check that you have both the traffic files and textures models installed. If yes then use a AI traffic editor tool to check the JAL traffic files to see if they have entries for the airports concerned. If yes, recompile the files and check if the AI has appreared. Failing that you could try re-downloading the source files

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a go!

OK, problem of no JAL at Haneda is solved, at least for me! Of the 3 JAL packages on the WOAI site, one is about 11.xx MB in size. I downloaded this from the AVSIM site and attempted a repair. It kept saying that aircraft does not exist for all of the planes. I just kept hitting OK till it said installed. That was wrong! I then downloaded the package from the library here and it repaired the JAL without a problem. You may have had the same situation.

JAL at Haneda (Tokyo)

JAL at Haneda.JPG

JAL at Narita

JAL at Narita.JPG

woajalv2.zip This is the package in our Library. At the WOAI site, if you go to the right of the package name JAL, you have the option of downloading it from Flightsim.com or AVSIM. Once you download the package, do the normal install procedure and it will say it's already installed "Do you want to repair your installation?" Say yes. That should do the trick! ;)

WOAI.JPG

Archived