Returning flight-simmer, not impressed with Steam FSX

TAYLOR-MANIA

I guess the big question becomes... what type of 'look' are you trying to achieve?

What airplanes do you plan to fly, and where? It would be helpful if you could elaborate about your expectations; in your mind, how should the Sim 'look'?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Fsx with just the vfr real scenery is a little bland. If you have the horizon scenery, you will have an option when loading the vfr dvds

whether you want to install the higher resolution rextures. If you have hdd space as it will look better at lower altitudes. Install the night textures too. Bear in mind that vfr scenery when flown over at speed needs time to render & catch up.

I installed the uk2000 airports to add better realism, but if you want total autogen coverage, you might want to get treescapes to add a more 3D effect.

Real environment extreme is also installed for better weather, ground textures & visibility. I've yet to fly in the real world where you can see forever!

For immersion, you will be better off investing in a 3 monitor setup and a track ir headset. Hope you get there! :-)

Archived