DC-9 Laser - Installing and Extracting Zip File

paulwayne

Dear SGA Forum,

I downloaded the DC-9 SGA Laser aircraft and read the read-me instructions. Can you please provide me instructions where to extract the zip file. Should I extract into my main FSX root directory, C:\FSX or extract into the C:\FSX\SimObjects folder? Is this DC-9 aircraft compatible with FSX? It was listed as a FSX compatible aircraft.

I extracted into my main FSX root directory C:\FSX and the aircraft id not appear in my FSX aircraft menu selection.

Thank You,

paulwayne

• 6 months later...

I would:

-1- create a new folder on my desktop.

-2- put the .zip file in it,

-3- extract it there,

-4- look in the extracted folder to see the contents,

-5- locate in it the folder that contains the aircraft,

-6- copy the folder that is the aircraft to my:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes

folder.

UPDATE:

Strangely, in this download the folder that IS the aircraft is also called...aircraft!!

I would rename that folder from "Aircraft" to:

SGA_DC9_Laser

then place that folder in the:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes

folder.

UPDATE-2

Sorry if I just said something very daft. I don't know SGA at all. This is my first post in this subforum.

I assume SGA is another sim altogether??

In case that is so. My suggestion of renaming applies to installing in fsx. Not to SGA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From Mr. Zippy's picture posted above, I will GUESS it's FSX. I would use your suggestion, top to bottom. It's how I install new things. That way you can see if there are effects, gauges, or whatever, to put in their proper FSX folders. I do that especially with auto-installrs. I don't trust those things at all! Always point them at a temp folder and then install whatever myself.

Does that help out at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Nice to see you Pat, as always,

Have a great day,

il

And you also, il :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived