Contrary Gear Warning Systems

bobvan

Hello,

Methink those are the settings (aircraft.cfg)

[gear_warning_system]

gear_warning_available=0 or 1 (inactive-active)

pct_throttle_limit=0.099976

flap_limit_power=25.496622

flap_limit_idle=5.042029

Of course you must have also a gear warning sound in the sound folder of the aircraft ... and also set in sound.cfg ...

[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND]

filename=TSS-Gear up warning

flags=0

viewpoint=1

initial_volume=10000

minimum_volume=8000

maximum_volume=10000

At least this give you some clues about what needed .. IMHO

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

This seems to be a good working set of parameters for making

a contrary gear up warning system work. The only revision indicated

would be that the sound.cfg file has to call a real audio file that is

located in the sound folder. A common one is filename=cagear.wav

This one is not as pretty to me as some others but it gets your attention when

landing gear up.

I still don't understand the existence of a default gear up warning system in a plane that does not have any vestige of a [gear up warning] line in the sound.cfg file, and

yet the gear warning system works without it (My FS2004 C-47 blows the horn

and I cannot find any mention of a called .wav file in the sound.cfg file.) There has to be a default warning system somewhere in the mother folder or plane shop.

I still don't understand the existence of a default gear up warning system in a plane that does not have any vestige of a [gear up warning] line in the sound.cfg file, and

yet the gear warning system works without it (My FS2004 C-47 blows the horn

and I cannot find any mention of a called .wav file in the sound.cfg file.) There has to be a default warning system somewhere in the mother folder or plane shop.

Such functions can be programmed into a gauge so would have no .cfg file listings.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for all the comments on gear warning systems. I never did find a simple, overall solution to the gear up warning puzzle. Apparently this feature is partially a factor contained in the original flight shop model. There is a pretty gear up warning tone on some airplanes, that is not contained in a called file in the sound file or folder. Apparently it is a default feature on some planes and not on others. In other cases it might be found that an absolutely contrary plane that will not do a gear up warning, no matter what you do, could possibly be fixed with a hypothetical procedure of overlaying most of the aircraft file over one that has a working gear up warning. Apparently the gear up warning mysteriously resides in some factor of the aircraft.cfg file. Other contrary gear up warning aircraft, in which NOTHING will make the gear up warning work, might hypothetically be made to work with a change of some sort in the .air file.

Thanks again for any activity on this thread.

Archived