AI Carriers.NET keeps running after exiting FSX

jandjfrench

Hi,

I just noticed a very high CPU load after exiting FSX:SE; I was checking something after running FSX disc. I checked task manager and saw that AI Carriers was the culprit. I'm suspecting it's in some type of polling loop. I manually shut it down and all is fine. If anyone knows what to do so that it shuts down automatically please let me know.

Jim F.

I did a google search "FSX Carriers.NET shut down" and a group of AVSIM articles appears relevant.

When Simconnect Fails After Working Previously [solution] - MS FSX ...

forum.avsim.net/.../435062-when-simconnect-fails-after-working-previo...

Feb 15, 2014 - 5 posts - ‎2 authors

I shut down FSX, terminated each of the processes, then relaunched ... As can be seen in that topic, AI Carriers is not the only program that is ...

How to install FSX on Windows 8 10 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Java Shutdown In FSX 6 posts

Apr 11, 2010

AI Carriers 2 9 posts

Jul 28, 2009

Help with aicarriers2 6 posts

Nov 20, 2007

More results from forum.avsim.net

You should get the same list of clickable links when performing this search. See if you find anything helpful there.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I think there were more posts available than just the Java.

Have you contacted the developer?

Added:

You probably already know FSX has trouble sometimes shutting down third party exe and modules from various vendors when it exits. FSINN is one of those that randomly gets left behind on my machine, so I always check it. If I don't and it's there when I restart FS, FS will crash eventually.

Just you'll be prepared there isn't always a perfect solution with such an old sim running on unsupported hardware and operating systems at the mercy of poorly tested add-ons.

When this happens to you, a look at the Event Viewer might give a clue.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Go the FSDreamTeam forums. General discussion, I believe. Here s the thread. There is a thread there (pretty long) about AICairriers.NET, with various responses by the developer of it. Along with all the various updates he worte for it, so you can get the very latest. I don't even know if he's aware of this but I'll go take a look in the morning.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If FSX (either version) is exited by first hitting ESC to end a flight and then X'ing to quit, AI Carriers Net shuts down properly. I suspect that my problems with a high CPU load was due to 2 instances of AI Carriers running. This has not been verified but all seems normal when I exit FSX:SE as I suggested now.

I did follow the Link suggested by Pat and after some discussion with the developer posted this same info there.

Archived