FSX - SBRJ terrain bug

efpg0708

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue when landing on runway 20L at SBRJ. When I'm 50 to 100 feet from touchdown, there seems to be an invisible terrain at the threshold that makes my plane "land" before it really touches down. Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks

Eduardo

Hi thanks for your help.

I tried, but didn't solve it. Maybe is not a terrain issue, but a hidden object or something. I've searched the forums and found some people who have had the same issue but haven't found a solution. Anyone has any idea of what could I do ?

Thanks

Just a shot in the dark, but try to disable any mesh terrain you have for that area and see if it still happens.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I've tried what you said, bui still didn't work. It seems there is something (I don't know if it is terrain, object, autogen or what) right after I cross runway 20L threshold that makes the aircraft crash. I know nothing about sceneries, but I've tried to create a flatten and exclude using ADE for that area and still didin't work. I'm so frustated because that is my favorite airport and TropicalSim has a fantastic scenery for it :(. Just to be clear, it happens on the default scenery as well.

Hi !

I did that. The problem is, I don't know why FSX does that, instead of crashing, the plane gives a "jump". For example: As soon as I cross the threshold, all of a sudden FSX jumps to a point where the aircraft is already on the runway even before I touched down. The same happens on takeoff, but FSX jumps to a point where the plane is already in flight. Very weird.

Archived