Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D with FSX-SE

DukeSan27

Some people have reported issues while running the optimizer with FSX-SE. While I did buy the SE, I haven't got around to install it and test. Till I get around to that, please search the original FSX and P3D threads over at avsim for possible solutions.

The most common solution was reinstalling SP1 Simconnect from:

...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

or from the FSX SDK folder:

...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

Also some people reported that they could not access the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D_Radar.zip

This link does work. Some companies, including where I work, block mediafire website. So that might be the issue. I would suggest accessing it from your home network.

I do have a minor update which gives better AI distribution in large airports, but I have got around to releasing it. I hope soon...

I'd be happy to answer any questions here directly or here - http://thingsrandom2014.blogspot.in/2015/04/traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d.html

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I try to use your great app on a remote pc. It works on P3d v2.5 pc. I have the 3 versions of sim connect installed on both pcs. I get the console but it does not connect. Widens is connected. Can you help me ?

Thanks

Pierre

• 7 months later...

Finally, here is a specific version for FSX-SE. Please use this of the P3D/FSX-MS version does not work for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d6b10dn3mqkc70h/AirTrafficManagerFSXSE_Radar.zip

This is built with the sim-connect shipped with FSX-SE (and will not work with P3D/FSX-MS).

• 1 month later...

There is new release (1.9.1.3), which fixes the problem when using Helicopters (the program would not recognize user aircraft and delete AI traffic around it).

Common version for FSX/P3D, same link as in the first post above.

FSX-SE version is not yet updated.

• 2 months later...

Hello Duke,

First of all thank you for creating this wonderful program. I have been using it for awhile and it's awesome. I seem to be having a problem though lately and I can't tell what the issue is. It could be a compatibility problem between Eaglesoft's Citation X and the Optimizer because it only seems to happen when I am flying that aircraft. I don't know...

My problem is a crash upon takeoff and reaching an altitude around 1000 ft. above the ground. The optimizer tries to read a flightplan from it's folder and is unable to and the sim crashes. When I start the optimizer and I am on the ground it works fine deleting aircraft as it's supposed to. The problem happens when I take off and the sim crashes. I've copied the log from my last attempt here:

> Connection request sent ...

> Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3 - 3.2.3.2

> Connected to SimConnect - 3.2.0.0

> Data request sent ...

> Reading flight plan: \\BRANDON-DESKTOP\Prepar3D v3 Files\KDFW-KIAH.pln

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 105

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 40

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 2

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 28

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 55

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 42

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 49

> Deleted boats - 0

> Data request sent ...

> Reading flight plan: .pln

> Failed to read flight plan - Could not find file 'F:\Flight Simulator Programs\Air Traffic Manager\.pln'.

> Optimize starting ...

> Deleted - 0

> Deleted boats - 0

As you can see it's working fine deleting AI until the last part where it says:

> Data request sent ...

> Reading flight plan: .pln

> Failed to read flight plan - Could not find file 'F:\Flight Simulator Programs\Air Traffic Manager\.pln'.

This is where the crash occurs...there isn't a flight plan inside that folder and I don't believe there should be? That is the folder on my drive where I installed the traffic manager and run it from there. I have tried making sure I ran as administrator and I am using the latest version downloaded from AVSIM. Nothing makes any difference....any ideas what's happening here?

Brandon

So initially you had flight plan which was valid and then optimizer tries to read a non-exist ant flight plan from its own directory?

Did you say that that sim crashed and not the optimizer? Is there any crash dialog with exception message?

And it's always or random?

I have the Citation, but have not flown it. Does it support native flight plans?

I will try and reproduce this with Citation.

Edit: And also which version of optimizer?

I have a way to save the flight plan has Russian letters. Your program can not read the flight plan where there are non-English letters in the title. Example D:\Users\Мои документы\Файлы Flight Simulator X. You can fix this?

Yes Duke,

I load a flight plan at the beginning of the flight and Traffic Optimizer reads that flight plan after clicking auto optimize and begins deleting aircraft just as it should. It works fine all through the startup and getting ready for takeoff in the Citation X. When I depart the runway about 1000 ft. up and usually right around the first waypoint the sim crashes with an api.dll error. I had always thought there was a problem with the Citation X and the NavData updates. For awhile I just didn't fly that jet even thought it's my favorite. When they recently released the Prepar3D version I tried again with the same results so I started doing some testing. What I found was that the crashes only happened with the Traffic Optimizer running in the Citation X. If I flew just the Citation I could takeoff no problem. With the optimizer running it would crash shortly after takeoff. So I started looking at the traffic optimizer and noticed that it was crashing the sim at the exact same time the message pops up looking for a .pln inside it's own directory. Eaglesoft says that because the optimizer is messing with AI it may be crashing due to the Citation using AI for the TCAS display but that's the only answer they have. I don't necessarily buy that since it's deleting AI on the ground and it doesn't crash until takeoff. I would love to get these working together because the frame rate hit stinks without having the traffic optimizer running.

I have not experienced this with any other aircraft because I was flying the Carenado S550 up until the recent release of the Citation X and using the Traffic Optimizer all the time. So I do believe there is something between the two but I don't know what it is.

Brandon

Oh and I haven't completely tested it to be sure but it seems that if I don't load a flight plan and just let the traffic optimizer run then it works with the Citation X without crashing. I was going to attempt that today and see what happens. It worked the other night but I didn't have any procedures loaded in the FMS. I am going to load a flight plan in the FMS but not the sim and try to take off and see if it works.

If that works then maybe the solution would be to have an option for the optimizer to not use a flight plan even though it's loaded? I hope you can figure it out. Thanks for looking into this for me!

Brandon

Also I forgot I was going to post the api.dll error message that I get in the event viewer each crash:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 4/6/2016 11:04:38 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Brandon-Desktop

Description:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df48ce

Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df497c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000f36ac

Faulting process id: 0xec0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d190811fa3419c

Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D\api.dll

Report Id: d816237c-fc75-11e5-939c-c86000a09a2c

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

Brandon-Desktop

Prepar3D.exe

56df48ce

api.dll

56df497c

c0000005

000f36ac

ec0

01d190811fa3419c

D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

D:\Prepar3D\api.dll

d816237c-fc75-11e5-939c-c86000a09a2c

So an update to this....my test with not loading a flight plan inside P3D yielded the same result. This time there was no message about a flight plan at the beginning of the optimizer because I had not loaded one. It deleted 110 aircraft and continued deleting while I was on the ground. After takeoff it was looking for a flight plan in its directory and crashed again. So my original thought of not loading a flight plan didn't work.

Brandon

Oh and I haven't completely tested it to be sure but it seems that if I don't load a flight plan and just let the traffic optimizer run then it works with the Citation X without crashing. I was going to attempt that today and see what happens. It worked the other night but I didn't have any procedures loaded in the FMS. I am going to load a flight plan in the FMS but not the sim and try to take off and see if it works.

If that works then maybe the solution would be to have an option for the optimizer to not use a flight plan even though it's loaded? I hope you can figure it out. Thanks for looking into this for me!

Brandon

I will try to fly this Citation and see if I can reproduce this problem. At the very least I will provide an option to disable flight plan loading.

I also think its something to do with flight plan, but we should note its possible that TCAS having issues with AI being deleted could also be a cause. None of the other aircrafts' TCAS have this issue though, so it would be strange.

And now a funny story. I had a run-in with these Eaglesoft guys on their support forum, a couple of days back, and it was an issue un-related to this. The net of it that I have been probably kicked from their forums. So I would not going back to them to see where the problem is.

So an update to this....my test with not loading a flight plan inside P3D yielded the same result. This time there was no message about a flight plan at the beginning of the optimizer because I had not loaded one. It deleted 110 aircraft and continued deleting while I was on the ground. After takeoff it was looking for a flight plan in its directory and crashed again. So my original thought of not loading a flight plan didn't work.

Brandon

ok. How about with TCAS off?

I have a way to save the flight plan has Russian letters. Your program can not read the flight plan where there are non-English letters in the title. Example D:\Users\Мои документы\Файлы Flight Simulator X. You can fix this?

Sure, I will have a look this weekend.

Same problem. I have been testing it with TCAS off. Eaglesoft also stated that it wouldn't matter if TCAS was off because it's still monitoring AI all the time.

Brandon

Well then we are stuck.

I use an FSUIPC function to delete AI, and I believe that function is based upon something which Microsoft themselves used in their TrafficTools application to delete AI objects. So its not a public function but pretty legitimate.

You could go back to Eaglesoft with this info. Its mostly something they need fix in their AI handling. (Noting that no other TCAS has this issue.)

(And pray that they don't boot you too!)

This is what I figured....that's too bad. I was hoping it was something else as it works fine deleting AI on the ground but not in the air evidently. And it makes sense as this is the only aircraft that has this problem. I will try to take this to them while stepping quietly on eggshells....I know they don't take very kindly to suggestions that they change something.

Brandon

Hi

How are you able to save a flight plan with non-english characters?

I tried it in P3D and it does not save. I have not checked in FSX, but I think the behavior would be same. Apparently, P3D only supports en-US set.

And the interface I use to access the flight plan details (FSUIPC) only returns ASCII characters. So I may not able to support this.

regards

This is what I figured....that's too bad. I was hoping it was something else as it works fine deleting AI on the ground but not in the air evidently. And it makes sense as this is the only aircraft that has this problem. I will try to take this to them while stepping quietly on eggshells....I know they don't take very kindly to suggestions that they change something.

Brandon

Ok, let me know your results and if there's something I need investigate/fix.

The error is not in the flight plan file name. Error does not use Latin letters in the way of preservation of the flight plan. Your program does not understand the characters of the Russian alphabet in the name of the file path of the flight plan.10.jpg

The error is not in the flight plan file name. Error does not use Latin letters in the way of preservation of the flight plan. Your program does not understand the characters of the Russian alphabet in the name of the file path of the flight plan.[ATTACH=CONFIG]188679[/ATTACH]

I tried saving the flight plan, with Latin chars in name, to a path with Russian characters too. But P3D would not actually save, it gives no error message though.

The important part is that the programming interface I use to read the flight plan path does not support Russian. My program will read path with Russian characters but, P3D/FSX will simply not return such a path to me.

So my question was how do you successfully save to such a path? Is there a trick?

Are you using the flight plan for departure/arrival airport codes in optimizer? Or do you use the radar too for flight plan path display? If it's just airports, you could manually enter the codes.

If I save flight plans are not in the folder with Russian letters, then the program reads them.

Plans by PRO-ATC-X program does not understand. You can fix this?

Sample file frome PRO-ATC-X:

[flightplan]

title=PROATCX-SBSP-SBBR

description=

type=IFR

routetype=3

cruising_altitude=25000

departure_id=SBSP, S23* 37.60', W46* 39.32', +002631.00

departure_position=PARKING 29

destination_id=SBBR, S15* 52.26', W47* 55.11', +003479.00

departure_name=CONGONHAS

destination_name=PRES JUSCELINO KUBITSCHE

waypoint.0=SBSP, A, S23* 37.60', W46* 39.32', +000000.00,

waypoint.1=PORBI, I, S23* 49.28', W46* 51.54', +000000.00,

waypoint.2=SCB, V, S23* 30.42', W47* 22.69', +000000.00,

waypoint.3=KOLBU, I, S23* 13.30', W47* 26.2', +000000.00,

waypoint.4=GENBI, I, S23* 2.41', W47* 27.73', +000000.00,

waypoint.5=OPOTI, I, S22* 53.8', W47* 29.20', +000000.00,

waypoint.6=PADAV, I, S22* 51.26', W47* 34.43', +000000.00,

waypoint.7=TIPRA, I, S22* 47.2', W47* 46.54', +000000.00,

waypoint.8=OBDOK, I, S22* 38.60', W48* 10.81', +000000.00,

waypoint.9=ISIBI, I, S22* 32.80', W48* 27.22', +000000.00,

waypoint.10=MOMVA, I, S22* 28.80', W48* 38.52', +000000.00,

waypoint.11=BRU, N, S22* 18.84', W49* 6.43', +000000.00,

waypoint.12=SAVMO, I, S22* 8.56', W49* 4.61', +000000.00,

waypoint.13=ENACT, I, S21* 56.9', W49* 2.44', +000000.00,

waypoint.14=HARDY, I, S21* 39.34', W48* 58.75', +000000.00,

waypoint.15=IMBIS, I, S21* 33.47', W48* 57.80', +000000.00,

waypoint.16=ASTOB, I, S20* 40.79', W48* 49.39', +000000.00,

waypoint.17=UDIGI, I, S19* 10.20', W48* 39.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.18=EDMIN, I, S18* 40.49', W48* 37.24', +000000.00,

waypoint.19=WELIN, I, S16* 55.54', W48* 25.42', +000000.00,

waypoint.20=SBBR, A, S15* 52.26', W47* 55.11', +000000.00,

If I save flight plans are not in the folder with Russian letters, then the program reads them.

Plans by PRO-ATC-X program does not understand. You can fix this?

Sample file frome PRO-ATC-X:

Which flight plan type option did you select in ProATC?

Archived