Saitek AV8R Driver Problem

So I'm trying to use my Saitek AV8R again, but when I plug it in to my laptop, windows installs some Saitek drivers that don't allow me to calibrate it, which wouldn't be a problem but it's always slightly off centre when you first plug it in.

However, when i plug it in to the tower computer, windows installs the default Microsoft "hid-compliant game controller" and "USB input device" drivers, which allow me to calibrate it and solve the issue.

I've tried installing the proper Saitek drivers from their website but I think they are the same ones my laptop installed by default.

I've also tried installing (updating) the drivers on my laptop to the Microsoft ones, but then it still comes up with the Saitek control panel, but all of the inputs are not responding.

In short, I've been round in circles and I don't know why it doesn't work on my laptop. Both computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone got any ideas?

Unplug the stick and then uninstall the driver, plug in and then when it asks to install the driver cancel. Then try the stick, it may work fine with the generic driver and you can then calibrate.

Also check and see if updated USB drivers are available for your laptop.

FIXED IT! The approach you described didn't work, but it gave me the idea that my Laptop had a backup somewhere. The solution was to delete any file/folder in system32 that bega with "Sai", install the default microsoft drivers manually via update driver, and restart.

I'm kinda new here, is there anyway to close a thread? as the problem's now filxed

Archived