FSX Build

Hi

I am currently planning building a computer that can run fsx smooth [60 fps] + scenery addons etc...

And need som tips if this will work out? Will do some recordings too.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 4690k 3.5 ghz

ASUS B85-PRO GAMER

GTX 970 3.5 GB

8 GB RAM HyperX DDR3 1866

Kingston 120GB SSDNow

Samsung 1TB HDD

A B85 Chipset mainboard does not allow overclocking. A 4690k processor does.

You would need a Z87 mainboard to overclock, (or a Z97 perhaps would also work)

Google: Z87 B85 chipset

there's lot's of comparison info to find about these, and other chipsets. Here's one link. http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q87-Q85-B85-What-is-the-difference-473/

Mainboards with the Z version of a chipset are a bit more expensive, but well worth that. Not only can they be overclocked, but they usually also have more connectors on the back, Usb, E-Sata etc. Means you won't need extra pcie/pci cards. Also more connectors inside, Usb3, extra Sata for HDD, etc.

A good mainboard is the best investment you can make. Every part of the computer connects to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You would need a Z87 mainboard to overclock, (or a Z97 perhaps would also work)...

Z97 chipset. Those are Haswell to match the 4XXXK series CPUs.

If you can swing it, the i7-4790K is @ 4GHz(Turbo to 4.4GHz) right out of the box...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

You would need a Z87 mainboard to overclock, (or a Z97 perhaps would also work)

Google: Z87 B85 chipset

there's lot's of comparison info to find about these, and other chipsets. Here's one link. http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q87-Q85-B85-What-is-the-difference-473/

Mainboards with the Z version of a chipset are a bit more expensive, but well worth that. Not only can they be overclocked, but they usually also have more connectors on the back, Usb, E-Sata etc. Means you won't need extra pcie/pci cards. Also more connectors inside, Usb3, extra Sata for HDD, etc.

A good mainboard is the best investment you can make. Every part of the computer connects to it.

Will a ASUS Z97-P do the job?

Archived